Sunrise_Anne

Free desktop calendar?

Does anyone here use a desktop calendar? I'd like one that shows about three days or more at a glance and I can see the activities planned. For the time being, I'd like to try one that's free to see how developers have set them up. I've seen some really good-looking ones but you have to pay anywhere from $10 to $40 for them.

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

If you are running windows it comes with a calendar built in called "Windows Calendar" Same goes with a Mac. :D

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I have probably a dozen desktop calendars available to me, but the calendar I actually use is the one on my iPhone. It's handier than a desktop calendar, because unlike any of my computers ... even my laptop ... I always have my phone with me. :)

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

ooo I agree with Kisal... especially if you have one of those brand new handy dandy touch screen ones lol I plan to have one of those one day :wink:

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I get to inherit stuff from my son's "Drawer of Outdated Technology", whenever he buys a newer version of one of his gadgets. :lol:

My iPhone is just a 3G, but it does everything I need it to do. :D

Sunrise_Anne

Thanks, folks!

Since I don't have a cell phone yet and the Windows calendar is good for only seeing dates, I've spent some time online this AM after recalling that my DIL mentioned a Google calendar a couple of months ago. :idea:)

I think it will do for now! You have to have a free Google account to use it, and I did. You can enter your information by days and hours in the days, by four days, by the week, by the month, etc. I even sent a link to my desktop for it so it is right where I can get to it easily!

BTW, I am hoping someone takes pity on me this upcoming holiday season and thinks I need a cell phone of some kind that I can take in the car. 8)

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

If someone does take pity on you and gets you a cell phone I'd advise you to not use it while driving... ex: park somewhere "then" use it, hang up, "then" start driving again. I advise you on this from experience. I was talking on my phone while driving and BAM!! lol (no I didn't crash ;p) But I did get pulled over by a cop :( He gave me a $250 ticket!! It was absolutely uncalled for in my opinion but w/e I guess he needed to get paid for the month :roll: I also get terrible road rage when I see that people have their faces buried in their laps "texting" while driving or while at red lights causing them as well as me to miss the green light. :x

Or if you "must" talk on your cell phone while driving at least get an ear piece to use. It isn't illegal that way and you'll have both hands dedicated to the steering wheel (or your makeup) LOL jk jk! ha! :wink:
Last edited by BewilderedGreenyO.o on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Google is your friend https://www.google.com/search?q=free+desktop+calendar&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

BewilderedGreenyO.o wrote:If someone does take pity on you and gets you a cell phone I'd advise you to not use it while driving... ex: park somewhere "then" use it, hang up, "then" start driving again. I advise you on this from experience. I was talking on my phone while driving and BAM!! lol (no I didn't crash ;p) But I did get pulled over by a cop :( He gave me a $250 ticket!! It was absolutely uncalled for in my opinion but w/e I guess he needed to get paid for the month :roll: I also get terrible road rage when I see that people have their faces barryied in their laps "texting" while driving or while at red lights causing them as well as me to miss the green light. :x

Or if you "must" talk on your cell phone while driving at least get an ear piece to use. It isn't illegal that way and you'll have both hands dedicated to the steering wheel (or your makeup) LOL jk jk! ha! :wink:

Move to South Carolina, you don't even have to wear a motorcycle helmet here and our state still proudly argues over smoking in restaurants not to mention where to fly the stars and bars.

My wife talks while I drive.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”