tomf
Super Green Thumb

I have not been fishing for some time but as a kid I used to love to. My family had a summer home on a lake in NH and every morning I would be out fishing. Oh such fond memories.

webmaster
Site Admin

I hadn't been fishing in over twenty years. I took it back up in the middle of Spring and have been patiently researching and learning all about the different variables involved. Literally hours can pass while I cast out, reel in, experimenting to find what the fish are preferring, challenging myself to cast a little further, then to cast without plopping the lure too hard, all until the overcast weather breaks and the sun pokes it's face through the clouds.

Fishing puts me in a good mood and keeps me there. :D

specgrade

I like to fresh water fish. I haven't had the opportunity to salt water fish. I bought my 4 year old son his own pole and I need to get him to a pond soon. It's been too hot as of late.

I will catch and release and I really don't care what ends up on the hook. I love to eat fish but not a big fan of cleaning them. I guess because I don't have much experience at it.

I always say a bad day fishing beats a good day at work...any day!

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I didn't always like to fish, in fact, I went through a phase when I would go fishing, never use a pole and just read a book while hubby fished.

Well, one day, I got bored, not sure where hubby went, to the car for something I think. Anyhow, I was casting the rod, and reeling it in... just bored. Not trying to catch anything at all.

I got tangled up. I thought he is going to shoot me. So, I kept messing with it, and the tangle was getting a little closer to shore.
I would push the release, let it go a bit, then reel again. And I was making some decent headway.

Then, just about the time I should be able to see the branch or whatever I had snagged, there sat a Walleye. Yep, I wasn't snagged the whole time.

But the fish didn't act like a perch, it just acted like I was hung up, or else it bit, just as I got free? It never tugged or did anything to suggest it was a fish!

Surprised me, and surprised hubby more, I got a nice sized Walleye, yes, I had a license, in North Dakota you bought a family fishing license, not an individual one. But, I never fished, I didn't know what I was doing, just playing around...

Practicing can get you a decent fish sometimes!
That Walleye was mighty tasty.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

To me, Walleye are like that. When you first hook one, they will usually put up a struggle, then they just become a dead weight on the line. Redfish in saltwater normally do the same thing. Some fish like trout and crappie and large mouth and small mouth bass fight all the way in.

Ted

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I know a place that is so good for fishing that they put up a sign telling you about how good it is. The sign says “fine for fishingâ€
Last edited by tomf on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

webmaster
Site Admin

:lol:

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I do some fly fishing in our clear mountain streams for trout.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

jal_ut wrote:I do some fly fishing in our clear mountain streams for trout.
I love those clear mountain streams. We were in Colorado in July and we would cross little streams that were only maybe 8" deep and 3' or 4' wide. When we approached the streams, you could see some really nice trout scattering in every direction. I didn't have a fishing rod with me, but I have those streams marked in my mind for the next trip.

Ted

Jaydenz

I'm a beginner angler. I haven't lucked out and caught anything yet but I've been studying it a lot. when we go fishing its in fresh water lakes and mostly for catfish. what I want to try fishing for is orangemouth Corvina. :D there huge!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”