specgrade

Small Pictures Problem

Hello to all, when I download my pictures from the camera to my pc how do I make sure they are big like I see on the forum? I tried to edit them in Photobucket to no avail. When I try to resize them on my pc they just look terrible. How do you folks do it?? Thanks!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Your camera will down load the file as it is to your PC. So what ever size picture your camera takes that is what you start with. There are ways to make them bigger but you need higher end software to make them come out well.

To get a larger picture in Photobucket go to the area on top that you click to down load to photobucket. Just bellow down load box you will see more options click on it and pick a larger size.

specgrade

tomf wrote:Your camera will down load the file as it is to your PC. So what ever size picture your camera takes that is what you start with. There are ways to make them bigger but you need higher end software to make them come out well.

To get a larger picture in Photobucket go to the area on top that you click to down load to photobucket. Just bellow down load box you will see more options click on it and pick a larger size.
Hello tomf, I clicked on the more options and it gave me "tiny size" and that was it. From what you said in the first paragraph, I need to start with the camera and go from there. Thank you for the help.

applestar
Mod

Your camera (or phone) should have options for what size photos to take. Larger the image size, less number of them you can store in the memory.

specgrade

applestar wrote:Your camera (or phone) should have options for what size photos to take. Larger the image size, less number of them you can store in the memory.
But...won't the larger pic size help my problem. Pic size and file size are the same right? 640 X 480 is = to what file size?

What, may I ask, are you using? Toss me a bone -helpsos-

applestar
Mod

Yes. The larger pictures WILL help your problem. I was just warning you that you won't be able to take as many photos as you've been used to once you change the setting.

The camera on my phone is a 3.2 megapixel, which is on the low resolution side considering most point-and-shoot digital cameras are what? -- 10 or 12 MP lately? I have the phonecam set to take 3MP photos which are usually in the neighborhood of 1 megabyte file size, but depending on zoom level especially when using digital zoom, light level, etc. the file size can vary.

I believe 640x480 would be 300K (307.2K) pixels.

specgrade

Thank you applestar, sorry if I was too direct. Your info is gold to me. Much Appreciated!

applestar
Mod

Not a problem :wink: Glad to be of help. :D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Applestar is correct that is a very smal picture, your only real option is to get a new camera.

specgrade

tomf wrote:Applestar is correct that is a very smal picture, your only real option is to get a new camera.
Check out "My Garden Re-visited"

:wink:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”