tomf
Super Green Thumb

Saturday was one of the worse days in my life

Yesterday Saturday was one of the worse days in my life. First just before going to work on Friday night for Saturday my wife told me that my dad was dieing in a hospital back in Boston. It was the weekend and calling in on a weekend is some thing that goes against your record so I went to work, I also need the extra money right now. At work it hit me hard and I went to a room with some house sized machines and ran one of the computer operated ones back there so I could be away from people, and as the things on it were as hot as on some of the more in the open machines. I got through the night even though I lost it a few times. When a manager came in the morning I told him what was happening and he canceled my Sunday over time for me so I would not get it on my record. I called when I got home and my mother-in-law told me my dad died at 4am Boston time.
We had plans to go to ski Saturday as my wife’s ski club was having a BBQ at the resort and we had an over night guest that was going with us so we went skiing. My wife and I were skiing with a friend down a slope and a woman was going side to side being taught by an instructor. As I went by I thought to my self that the instructor should not have that woman on this part of the mountain, as it was a bit steep for her. When my wife went by the woman had stopped and my wife gave her a wide berth but with out looking up hill to see if any one was coming and cut right in front of my wife. My wife who has a shoulder injury was in pain in her shoulder. My wife and the other skier collided. We went to the Hospital clinic at the bottom of the resort and the x-rays showed that my wife had broke her clavicle bone.
Some days I just wished never happened.

applestar
Mod

:cry: :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss and wish your wife a speedy recovery. :( :(

Skiing and death in someone's family have very negative associations for me.... :|

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I am so sorry Tom.
That sounds like a very lousy weekend.
I am sorry about your loss. And about your wife's injury.

If you are travelling to Boston, I wish you a safe trip there and back.
And will definitely be praying for you and yours.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

How horrible, having to work in such circumstances and then witnessing such a painful accident on top of it. :(

Condolences on the loss of your father. I'm sure he was a good man and a good example of a man for you; I think you've told some stories about him here on the forum.

Best wishes to your wife for a successful recovery away from people who aren't paying attention. :x

Cynthia H.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

My sympathies on the loss of your dad. :(

:eek: Broken clavicles can be very painful! I hope your wife is soon on the mend. :)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Thanks all; I will be taking care of my wife and her 90 year old dad so I can not fly back to Boston to see the family. It is a nice day I think I may go out and work in the yard and green house as that all ways makes me feel good.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. I know what it's like to the miss being there in the final moments of your fathers day. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stupid mother freaking* work :evil: I was at work myself missed it by 15 minutes. :cry: :x

I was actually coming in this section to wish everyone some love, in one of those moods. Now I just wish you some love to help you through.

I'm sorry, hope your wife does okay, I just don't know what to say, these tears say it all. :cry:

Greywolf

Good grief...

It isn't often we get slammed twice, that quick.

Prayers out to you and yours!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Tom, You have my sympathy for your loss and hope for a fast recovery for your wife.

Ted

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”