gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

"Three Cups of Tea" a book report!!!!!!!!!

One of our members, Gerrie, mentioned this book, as the author being one of her hero's. Thanks for the heads up on the Gerrie.

I must say this is one stunning chronicle of one man's life who had gone above and beyond the call of duty to help out the less fortunate. It is about a man, Greg Mortenson, who was a mountain climber that lost his way down K2 and ended up in an unmapped village in Pakistan. The people there showed him great respect and cared for him, a stranger in a strange land. He realized while there they needed a school, which was badly needed. He promised he would come back and build them a school. This was only the first of several schools that he built throughout Pakistan with very little money and through hardships unfathomable to many of us. His mission to bring education to a land so in need is a real story of a true American hero.

I could go on but it's all in the book, this book can be found in pdf on the net. I highly recommend this to everyone, it will change your mind on the world around you and about what it means to care about something other than yourself. :D

Dono

Thank you Gerrie for enlightening me. And thank you Greg for being who you are. :wink:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”