pepper4
Green Thumb

New Years resolutions

My resolution this year is to get as much knowledge as I can to make my garden better then last year. Interested in hearing some of yours.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

The only resolutions I make that make a difference in my daily life (due to mess, clutter, etc.) have to do with...Quilting.

In 2009, I finished (or have nearly finished) every new project I started, and I made a list--actually, a spreadsheet--of my unfinished previous projects (known to quilters as UFOs, UnFinished Objects).

Rather than resolve not to start new projects, I'll just continue to move in this net-positive direction:

:arrow: If I start any new quilting/sewing project, I have to finish it *and* I need to keep moving ahead on UFOs as well.

This helps keep the fabric from piling up quite so high and completely clogging the sewing area... *sigh*

As to the yard and garden, we are finally--thanks to my new job, both blessing and curse--replacing the fences on our north (20' of fence + small gate) and south (65' of fence + gate across driveway) property lines.

The long-term plan is to have a dog-safe (and therefore gardener-safe) fenced-off area. My attention is always divided between watching the dogs in an open driveway with rickety fences and the gardening work I'm actually engaged in. It will be incredibly wonderful to let the fences do the dog protection and focus on the gardening with the small amounts of time and energy I can devote to it! :D

Speaking of which...dread...blackberry pruning season is here. DH and I will need to do it tomorrow or Thursday, whichever is dry.

We missed blackberry pruning three or four years ago. It was horrible the next spring and summer. We both RESOLVED never to miss it again.

Cynthia
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Personally, I want to actually do the workout dvd I got--regularly. So far: 1 15 minute stretch routine done!

Then I want to consistently do my chores on the day I'm supposed to. I have a list that I can check off (dry-erase). Seems so easy on paper...

I want to get up earlier. 8 am is way too late to fit in chores before I go to work. I'm aiming for 7 am... work in progress

Then my husband and I are aiming to get out of debt! Our income dropped off significantly this year and we are in debt because of it. We are hoping to increase our income and reduce the debt this year. Highly motivated!

That's plenty for now!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

diet, exercise, and less time on my computer!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”