webmaster
Site Admin

Cynthia is right. I'm a geek so I research all the computer components and buy the best parts and have my local computer shop put them together for me. They can do in one hour what would take me two days. :)

However you may not have to do that. I just PM'd you another set of instructions because from what you described you may have downloaded the SUITE of programs instead of the single standalone program that removes EVERYTHING. The only difference between the $24 paid version and the free version is that the paid version is SET IT AND FORGET IT while the free version you have to remember to update it manually then remember to run the scanner once a day.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

May I chime in? (Well, not really asking, but...) Make sure they check for viruses first on your old machine before transfer--you don't want to transfer all the bad stuff, too!

CharlieMV--also have them make a backup copy on your "virgin" machine of all the programs loaded, in addition to a "rescue" or "startup" disk. Then next month, make your own backup copy on a separate CD or USB drive. Suck it up, soldier, and do it--I had to after my last bout of viruses. There, nagging over, for now.

Remember that 'toon that had a duck holding a sledgehammer over a computer and it said "Hit any key to continue"? Well, once all your programs and such are safely transferred and backed up, feel free to comply with that. Unless, of course, you prefer the flames (but then you might get in trouble with the EPA).

My sympathies.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I'm thinking something along the lines of a catapult that will send it off the port bow in 400 feet of water. Computapult?

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

:lol: You'd still better make peace with the EPA first. Don't want to poison the fishies. (Here fishy, fishy) And it would really be embarrassing if they could work the 'puter better than it's previous owner... :roll:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Okeydokey, new 'puter. My Itunes and all the rest are safe. Happy Happy Joy Joy no work, play, files, photos, music or information lost.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

All right CharlieMV!! :clap: :clap: :-() WTG! (Way to go! in case you were wondering) Nice to see you're still talking to us now that you have your shiny new supercomputer. I suspect if you'd lost the family photos you'd be living in the dinghy under the dock...

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I'm very happy. Can't wait to see if WIFI works better on the boat. When did they start putting color screens on computers? This is way cool.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Oh, puh-leeze!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”