pepper4
Green Thumb

passing time?

Wind designer, I want to say I love playing the game. I am sure we're all eager to get out there and garden but in the mean time what are some of you others doing to pass the time????????? :?:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Aww, shucks! Tanks!

Been warning would-be gardeners on another forum to resist buying plants now as they will rot in the trays but it's like the Borg--resistance is futile. Even I went and bought a few seed packs. Have firmly decided not to buy veg starts until after mid-May. We'll see how long that lasts...
Been sticking my soil thermo-meter in the ground every nice day, but it won't budge above 40F. :(

Staring hopelessly at my desk. Had to clean everything off into a box whilst 'puter was in for repair/disinfecting, now I have to go through it all and put it back. Ugh.

Took one of the cats for a walk around the back yard.

Started weeding an overgrown border in an attempt to rehab it. (10 minutes). Spent next 45 minutes picking thistle and rose thorns out of my skin. So much for gardening...

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

What to do for gardeners when the weather prohibits outdoor time:

quilt
sew
pet the cat/dog
brush the cat/dog
read a book--preferably, on gardening or quilting or cats/dogs

and, of course...

"talk" to people here! :D

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

And get their computers fixed when they contract a virus or twenty. :evil:

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Or, redecorate one of the rooms in the house ... the bathroom should be finished today. :lol:

While the contractors are working on that, I'm cleaning out drawers and closets. :lol:

Earl K
Green Thumb

Well, I cant seem to get out of the back yard when I'm home.(Or get off my porch).As I have stated,all my plants are in containers on pool deck.Seems that I want to grow as much as I can,with limited space.I only have about 8-10 feet of yard outside pool enclosure.Which gets limited sun,But I cant stop-now I'm making a bed out of free pavers from work,To grow my kentucky wonders along fence(might just fill in pool and have a real garden)HA-HA. EarlK

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Reading. Reading. Reading.

Been on a other than gardening run lately but just got Bill Cullina's new book on perennials and I have all Bill's stuff except the orchid book (soon, and Wild Bill, if you are reading this, you could help a brutha out, and yes, I know you tell me evertime I call you that that Wild Bill is Bill Duesing and not you, but roll with it. This is live web...), so looking forward to learning something, which you cannot help but do when you run into Bill. His native books are my favorites (My copy of Native Trees, Shrubs and Vines is falling apart; are you listening, Bill?)

World Changing is another book that has been catching a lot of my spare time; the website is good too...

[url]https://www.worldchanging.com/[/url]

HG

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”