ACW

London has just had our hottest day so far this year around 90f (I think over here we have gone celcius for some decades).Promises to be that hot again today ,fortunately cooling a bit to more normal August temps by monday .
Could do with some rain but only odd showers on the horizon,.

lorax
Greener Thumb

30 C, partly cloudy, raining ash, with a 65% chance of immenent destruction. The volcano is really rolling today!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

lorax wrote:30 C, partly cloudy, raining ash, with a 65% chance of immenent destruction. The volcano is really rolling today!
And I'm upset about having suffered another long morning of rain for 25 out of the last 30 days.

After seeing footage of Mr. St. Helen's erupting many years ago, I'd not want to be nowhere near one if it was getting ready to blow. That is some scary stuff. Take care and be ever watchful of the conditions.

lorax
Greener Thumb

Getting ready to? It's already blowing, and has been for about a week (well, blowing seriously. It was pooting vapour with low ash content for about a month before that.)

I'm very lucky to live primarily upwind of the ashfall radius - it's not accumulating in great drifts at the moment (it can), and at least it's sunny!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

When Mt. Saint Hellens erupted we had ash all over the place, what a mess it made. It did add minerals to the farms although. On bad days I wore a mask to keep from breathing the dust.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

It seems there is an awful lot of WEATHER around right now!

[img]https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just%204%20Fun/thunder.gif[/img]

Here it is quite warm, very dry and windy. What is it like - where you are?

Steve

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

64F scattered clouds. Mid 60s all week. Maybe 70 on the weekend.

Perfect weather. :)

Eric

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I like to use this to see how things might play out nationally over the next several days:

[url=https://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/day0-7loop.html]Pressures & Fronts thru Day 7 (click)[/url]

Slowing the animation speed helps me think in terms of days rather than seconds!

Steve :wink:

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

It's a nice day today, about 75º outside. A few fluffy white clouds in that gorgeous deep blue sky of Oregon's that I love so much. A small chance of rain, but if it happens, it won't be alot. Just one of those super-special lovely days. I think I'll have some coffee at the table on my patio, surrounded by my flowers. :)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Been normal here FINALLY. Mid to upper 80's to low 90's during the day. Just waiting for Isacc to makes it's way up here. We haven't had rain in weeks but are expected to get 4 -6 inches. Funny thing is that won't even begin to get us out of the drought we are in. We need a foot + of good soaking rain to scratch the surface.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”