Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:92 degrees. hot hot hot
no change no rain... this kind of heat kills all appetite for food so it's not all bad. The vege garden love it.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Intermittent showers and 46º. :(

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in Northern Ohio we Had a beautiful week-end hi 70's low 80's and now maybe 50 with rain. Well I guess with that unusual hot weather we could use alittle rain but they are calling for rain off and on for the next 5-6 days. :roll:

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

We had a month of rain, then a tornado, then 2 weeks of rain then more tornadoes. Now it is 88 degrees and sunny. I planted my whole garden Saturday.

BarbMathias

Hi there. Its cloudy cool with some rain here and there.
this time last week it was in the 90s. crazy weather.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in Ohio it's in the 50's. Sun in and out with a mild breeze.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

It's 59º F outside, and dripping a little rain. I hope it stops soon, 'cause I need to go plant some flower starts. :!:

Earl K
Green Thumb

Today was 83 with light wind and no sign of rain anytime soon.We need rain bad,Drying out down here.And my rain barrel is now empty.

BarbMathias

rainrainrainrainrain and 52 in PA and more of the same tomorrow.Of course Wednesday its gonna be sunny...yeah, you got it, back to work.

perennialgardener

100% chance of rain today. But I live in the Seattle area, so no surprise there... :roll:

Baxter Park
Newly Registered

Dundee, Scotland:
Sunny intervals, very windy, mild. Great for cutting the grass!

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in Ohio mid 60's and light rain. Possible thunder boomers tonight. Could be worse but can't wait for better :!:

Earl K
Green Thumb

89-HOT-No rain in sight.Wish I still had water in my rain barrel.Worst part is-Not even summer yet.Had two tomato seedlings laying on thier sides when I got home from work.A little water and 5 minutes -Standing at attention.That is how hot it is. :(

IndorBonsai

LOL we hit around 70 a few times sofar this spring but the last week its barely 50 and been rainy. Indoor Bonsai stay indoors for now :cry:

applestar
Mod

It's 82ºF and hot. Wasn't expecting that. A little worried about the cool weather crops - cabbage, lettuce, etc. -- but luckily we are getting occasional cloud cover. I did mist around 2PM to keep them cooler and watered the potted plants and veg starts not yet in the ground.... We had rain every day from last Saturday until Yesterday morning. I'd gotten used to not having to water ! :roll: ...and I think the plants got used to not seeing the sun -- they are all looking a bit droopy.

I'm hoping what I did is enough to tide them over. I don't really want to have to arrange shade cloths for everybody again because it's supposed to go down in the 40's -- 48~42ºF depending on which forecast to believe :shock: Then high of 68~72ºF tomorrow and mid-60's for the rest of the week with lows of solid mid-40's for crying out loud! I may actually have to bring the eggplants and pepper starts back in the garage! Definitely hesitating to plant them out yet. :? :roll:

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in northern Ohio in the mid sixties cloudy and high winds. Managed to get my lawm mowed because they are calling for rain tonight.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

It's so hot that on our daily walk, the squirrels were icing their nuts. The only thing that likes it this hot is the garden.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in Ohio sunny about 62 and pleasant day. Threat of possible frost tonight depending on forcast you watch but will be covering plants just in case. Mid to later part of the week looks good. Some rain but nothing like we had and 70's. I am going to try and get peppers in the ground. :wink:

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Sunny, 70 and slight breeze. Absolutely beautiful southern California spring day! :D

And this evening should only dip into the high 50's.

Although, I am located near the coast.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Oh it's about 52, and what do you know, another day of rain! I mean come on already, one week straight with just a small break yesterday!

Regards,
D

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Sunny and beautiful. Warm enough that I turned off the heat in the house, probably until winter arrives again. I was hoping for a little rain shower, though, because I planted a few seeds yesterday. The sky is beginning to look like it might rain tonight. :)

Big Vine

Sunny and up in the low 90's fairly consistently here over this past week.

We need rain! :!:
BV

IndorBonsai

Hay send some of that sun up here and I will send you some of our lovely rain :wink:
Weather couldn't make up its mind today rain, sun, nope rain, sun again, ooh guess what more rain and still in the lower to mid 60's hottest part of the day, still dipping to lower 40's at night.
This is why I do Indoor Bonsai :)

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I got the rain I wanted last night. And it looks like I'll get more today, which will be fine. Then we're in for several days of sun! Yay! :D

At the moment it is about 50º and mostly cloudy outside. :)

Earl K
Green Thumb

Another day in the 90's with high humidity.I don't think the plants are liking the humidity.There is a chance of rain though :D

applestar
Mod

Woke up feeling king of cold at 5AM and the remote sensor therm. on my NW porch said 38ºF !! :eek: Lowest predicted was 40 and I was a bit skeptical of that one. :?

Last night, when it went down to 48ºF at 10PM, I did bring in my storage totes of peppers and eggplants. They were outside last 2 nights in the mid-40's, and there was no way I was leaving them out in the cold -- they needed a decent night to recover. I covered most of my tomatoes, and the Koshihikari rice is under cover. But I think Carolina Gold rice might be toast, and I'll have to see how everyone else is doing after it gets light enough -- probably in another 15 minutes or so.

As it is, my SE side patio therm is reading 44ºF and the garage Grow Light Area therm said 50ºF -- the cukes, watermelon, and honeydew and chanterais melon seedlings are in there -- I'd unplugged most of the holiday lights because it got so hot recently. I just turned them back on to hopefully warm them up a little.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Northern Ohio, 64, cloudy and a few sprinkles but they are calling for thunderstorms this afternoon and late evening. What's that song? Rain Rain go away! Well at least for awhile.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

western nc - high around 60 and lows near 38 tonight, after weeks on end of lows around 50 and much higher highs...eek! hit the panic button and brought in all the peppers, basil, and tomatoes (the ones that aren't already in the ground, anyway)...2 nights of upper-30's lows, then I can relax a bit (and stop carrying things around)

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

65º and sunny! Gorgeous! I've been planting and weeding whenever I find a spare moment! :D

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

We are in a wet, cool spell. Temperatures have been in the mid to upper eighties, but the high will be in the lower sixties tomorrow. We have had prolonged drought for about five out of the last six years, so the rainy period is most welcome.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Dipped to 33 here last night, a record low for this date since record keeping began here in 1871. I was outside at 10:00 PM covering things and bringing my Tomato, Pepper and Basil seedlings in. Normally I have those things in the ground by now but the weather has been too cool this year. I got off to late start with my transplants this year but perhaps it was just as well. :roll:

Norm

valleytreeman

Had frost last night. Hovering around 70 here at noon. Big change from last week when I was sweltering in 100+ days in Tempe.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Beautiful weather here in Ohio and it looks to be the same for the next 6 days. Finally :-()

Earl K
Green Thumb

Well we finally got the rain we needed.Hope it keeps the fire threat down.Now my plants are loving it-Rain barrell in full again.ahhhhhhhhh :D

Big Vine

I'm with you there, Earl...the rain we've been getting is most welcome! :)
BV

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Sunny and warm, and I gotta find someone to come over here and water my plants! I can't bend down to turn on the outdoor faucets! :roll: :x

Royal Rebel

may the 22nd here in fl,, and its still raining a drought buster for sure,

yumoOo

it was really warm yesterday, but today its cool as long as your not standing in the sun.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Nice temp here in Ohio. Scattered thunderstorms that hit fast and hard for a short time. Concerned about plants but they are all still standing and survived. :D

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

'June Gloom' is upon us here in the Southern California coastal communities which is actually just a morning marine layer. Once it burns off, we have lovely sunshine, a cool breeze and temps in the low to mid 70's. :D

June is a great month to get the 'heavy lifting' yard projects out of the way. 8)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”