pepper4
Green Thumb

Beautiful day here in Ohio. Upper 70's NO RAIN clouds and sun off and on. Nice day for a family BBQ.

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Beautiful day of high 70's low 80's, sunshine with blue skies and cool ocean breezes here in SoCal... :o

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

HOT! Supposed to be in the 90s. It's been in the high 80s to mid 90s all week. I'm really tired of it. :roll:

Supposed to be back in the 70s on Monday. NICE! :D

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

It is so hot that rhododendron and hydrangea leaves are wilting. :idea: Can we get Fall started a little early this year?

Earl K
Green Thumb

I would love for fall to start yesterday.This heat is brutal,My tomato plants are done.But we are now getting our daily thunderstorms so I havent had to water but once or twice in two weeks :D

applestar
Mod

I don't know WHAT'S going on! Just woke up and it's 54ºF out there. In spring, eggplant and pepper starts were spending nights like this in a COVERED storage tote.... and I thought last night's 57ºF was bad.

The eggplants' leaves used to be all spread out, yesterday morning, they looked like they were hugging themselves and shivering -- all folded in towards the stems. :? They all have little egglings hanging on the plants too.

We're in drought. No rain for the past 10 days or more, except a passing shower that was just enough to bring the mosquitoes out of hiding. :mad: A thunderstorm's in the forecast for Sunday, but who knows. :roll: All sunny after that, the ground's parched. :(

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Highs in the 80s-90s, lows in the 60s or so; no rain for weeks it seems. I keep hearing about "wet weather" in the mid-east, but we haven't seen it! Last year our june was the wettest in years, this year no rain in sight. I've been watering daily but would like a break, please!

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

[img]https://bimedia.ftp.clickability.com/wagtwebftp/wagt_webweather/7Day_Forecast.JPG[/img]

Pretty much covers it. Prepare for heavy sweat.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Hot here in Ohio today. Need some rain. Chance of rain tonight and tomarrow. Have been watering but there's nothing like mother natures rain. :wink:

pepper4
Green Thumb

Well, we got that rain this morning. Winds and a down pour. Checked veggies, all look good but celery is swimming. I think it will drain and dry up. Beans were batted down but with this sunshine now I think they will pick up.

jamesy
Cool Member

Here in SE Pa we got hit with a massive electrical storm last night , that went on for hours.More rain in those 4 hours than is good for any garden , it was coming down in sheets.
Its so frustrating to read people wishing for an early fall , summer has not even started here , not properly.
Another hum drum day today , its not cold and its not hot , its not sunny but not dull , just the same old overcast rubbish , id move to Fla tomorrow.

reptile dude007

It has been in the mid 80's this month, very cool for July here in sunny California. Very humid though.

LumpyLungwort

Touching 70 here Norfolk/Uk warmer than it has been for a while , very dry though for us and forever watering planters.........

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

these two thermometers are in the shade. One is on the east side, one on the west side of the house. It's almost 2PM so the sun's almost straight up. Although I complain about it I rarely am effected by the heat but today I got queasy while mowing. I guess this is a good reason.

[img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/100_0118.jpg[/img]

At 11AM, the east one read 121. The West side will be even hotter. I'm not quite sure why they read so high when the sun is facing them since they are shaded as well as possible. Any how, welcome to dixie folks.[/img]

pepper4
Green Thumb

Could use alittle rain but not a bad day here in Ohio. Alittle humid and sticky earlier today but ended nice with a mild breeze. Enjoyed a nice evening sitting outside with a few beers. :D

applestar
Mod

Charlie, at first glance, I thought it said 145 DEGREES! :shock:
Now that would be REALLY hot, even in the sun. :lol:

applestar
Mod

This morning's pre-dawn temp was 49ºF !! :eek:
I still have my tender houseplants out there, not to mention the eggplants and peppers, and what about my basils and melons!?? Luckily I put the mango seedling and the pineapple pups under a row tunnel that I'm -- unsuccessfully -- using to deter the groundHOG away from my apple tree. I thought yesterday morning's 53ºF was low.... :shock:

But, it's only the first days of September! WHAT'S GOING ON!? :?
They don't have the low temp history of my area, but according to Weather Underground, in this general area:

History & Almanac
Normal (KPHL) High 80 ...°F Low 65 ...°F
Record (KPHL) High 100 ...°F (1953) Low 47 ...°F (1963)

sweet thunder

Typical temps for us - in the 50s now going up into the 60s later.
The good news is there's sun right from the get-go today, no need to wait for the morning fog to blow out.

It may sound strange, but sometimes I really miss what I remember as real summer weather. The heat and humidity may have been rough, but there was nothing better at the end of a hot day than a rip-roaring thunderstorm.

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Ughhhhhh :evil:

We have been having a heat wave here in SoCal. Triple digit temps inland and 90 degrees in the coastal communities where I am. Most of us here don't have central air; just window a/c.

I'll be so happy when it's over; supposed to start a cool down by the end of the week. :roll:

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Sunny and 67º ... couldn't really ask for a lovelier day! :D

The little waterfall in the new pond in my front yard is making that delightful, refreshing sound of water running over rocks, and the new fountain near the patio in the backyard is making wonderful 'plashy' music. Both are attracting birds like magnets! :D

Maybe I'll post some pictures when the plants are installed next week. It's going to be very pretty. I'm really bad with a camera, though, which is why I rarely post pics of my yard. :roll:

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Perfect fall like day. Lows near 60, highs in low to mid 70's. Air feels dry, lots of sunshine with high wispy cloud patches. Not suffering drought like the west, but could certainly use some rain.

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

I'm not sure on the exact temp, but it seemed like high 90's or arond 100. Actually been a little cooler lately, not the normal 100's we've had for three months now. We actually have some clouds! Finally clouds!

Earl K
Green Thumb

Have not posted on this one in a while,Cause we just complain about the heat.Not today,Weather was perfect.Humidity was100% but thats cause there was rain all over.Temps were about 83 degrees.I can live with that since it's been 95-100 for the last month.Perfect time to really concentrate on my fall plantings,but I'm already 1 week ahead of schedule,or too anxious as she says but cant stop planting things.Lets get ready for fall gardens :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

We had a high of 84 yesterday. We're hunting winter cloths. after months in the high 90s these 75 degree nights are down right cold. We're a month from fall harvest. Best time of year as far as I'm concerned.

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

Google says we're at 97 and partly cloudy. I sure wish they could tell me where these clouds are and why it still feels like 105 out. Someday, hopefully soon, we'll cool off enough to walk outside and not sweat instantly.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Here in NE Ohio we had a picture perfect day for family BBQ. Hi 79-80 with a little breeze. :D Today about the same with a chance of rain which we can use.

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

After a few days of cool weather and some rain, we're right back to 95. Summer won't end for a good month :( I want cool weather...

applestar
Mod

It went down to 41ºF last night! :shock: :roll:

I did cover the peppers and eggplants, and one tall trellis of pole beans and birdhouse gourd with floating covers... oh yeah, and one section of the sweet potatoes. Put the rubber plant under a used nylon shower curtain liner and the pineapples and mango plants under a portable umbrella-type plastic green house on the brick patio.

Hope that did the trick because tomorrow and for several nights, the forecasted lows are back up in the 60's :roll:

tomf
Super Green Thumb

We had some cold and rainy days in the 60-70"s. It is supposed to get warm this week, in the 90's; this is not normal for this time of year.

green~acres

Today is 84 degrees. I am so ready for cooler weather.We could use a little rain.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

It only got up into the 50s today, and tonight, it's supposed to drop down into the 30s. No wonder I'm sitting here shivering! I guess it's time to switch out the screens for the glass in the storm/screen doors. Fall has fallen! :lol:

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Yeah, it's cooled down quite alot here in SoCal. Was 70ish today and will be in the 60's. There was quite a cool breeze with some gusts of 40mph in my area. In other areas, the cool WINDS sparked some fires.

Yipee Fall/Autumn is upon us... 8)

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

80 degrees , clear, breezy. We took the old girl for a ride on the lake today. Had to put on a jacket. I have been hot for so long that 80 feels like a cold snap.

Diane
Green Thumb

It's in the 70's here. It feels like spring. Last week I put the heat on at night because we were near frost. All of the fans are put away.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

2-5 inches of rain and cool, it's in the 50's for a high today.

Sharon Marie

The weather here today is partly cloudy - highs in the mid 60's. Tomorrow looks like more rain

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Good bit of rain today, but tender garden crops will continue for at least another week. Lows in the 40's and 50's, highs in the 60's and 70's going out for the next ten days.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

We got hit with a blast of Arctic air that moved down into our area over the weekend. It got down to the 20s last night. Brrrr! :shock:

My tomato plants are toast. Fortunately, I went out yesterday evening and picked the last of the green fruit. :)

Sharon Marie

It was cloudy all day today but not one drop of rain :) I enjoyed the day with the windows open - temps mid 60s.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Kisal wrote:It only got up into the 50s today, and tonight, it's supposed to drop down into the 30s. No wonder I'm sitting here shivering! I guess it's time to switch out the screens for the glass in the storm/screen doors. Fall has fallen! :lol:
Already did the screen switch, it's cold and raining again. Gonna go sit by the fireplace now.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”