MamaGreenThumb

WORSTE MOVIE EVER!!! Dark Knight...

I am truely sorry if you like it...

I found it to be the WORST Heath Ledger film of all time. I LOVE Batman, and every fiml he's done. But this WAS AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heath Ledger would be ashamed to go out on this proformance. Not enough of him in it (if they needed more, find a new actor) and the action was rediculous. I LOVE (again) Batman... But please...

Do a good job...

(All other acting and plot was good, but if this is going to be this man's last preformance... give him something more...)

Nora

webmaster
Site Admin

Plan 9 from Outer Space was pretty out there. Worst movie ever is a bit strong especially considering the one with Poison Ivy was a pretty stinky movie.

The latest one (and the previous Christian Bale one as well) are moving away from the cartoony direction Tim Burton took it. I wouldn't say it's the worst, but if you're a fan of the older versions, it might not be your cup of tea. Having seen it at the theater, I'm not inclined to view it again. Maybe in a few more months.

Iron Man had a similar realistic aspect to it, but it wasn't as heavy as Batman. That one I did watch twice. ;)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

WM, did the Iron Man you watched have a different tag each time?

shellharbour

Actually I didn't mind the latest movie Batman (The Dark Night), I did enjoy Heather Ledger (our aussie boy) but what got up my nose was that the acting from Christian Bale was a tad flat...then again whats to be expected when your mostly covered in spandex and what you cant do swinging from a skyscraper is all CGI lol

Plan 9 from Outerspace.....brrrrrr gives me the willy thinking about it, bit like Mars Attacks :roll:

webmaster
Site Admin

Right, right Christian Bale is a great actor but he lost me under the suit. He's one of the actors today that is worth following. His dedication to the roles is unparalled.

He's been in many movies but here are some that I remember him in that I thought were notable performances:

3:10 to Yuma (2007)
The Prestige (2006)
Rescue Dawn (2006)

In Rescue Dawn he lost a lot of weight, he looked on the verge of death.

[img]https://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/rescue.jpg[/img]

The Prestige

[img]https://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/738/738782/the-prestige_1160698340.jpg[/img]

shellharbour

yeah he was lost under the spandex, wonder if he regretted taking on the roll

....now Rescue Dawn, that was an amazing movie, we had a copy of it given to us something near on 12 months ago, I said to DH going threw looking for something "whats this one?" well was it a hidden surprise, what a movie and CB was none short of above brilliant...out of 5 stars I give this one a 4 and to think we had it in out collection all that time :roll:

SaturnsPattern

Heath Ledger was without a doubt the only good acting job of that movie

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I think the term worst movie ever should be reserved until you see "There will be Blood" . Holy Bat Crapman! That was one lousy movie.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Trouble is, Daniel Day-Lewis is so good, we really do think he is a lowlife.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I'm not sure he's good anymore.I used to but I've re-thought it.. Good involves actors picking good movies for themselves. I Wiki-ed his movies and the only one I really liked was Last of the Mohicans. We watched No Country for Old Men a few months ago and I was ready to throw a brick at my plasma because the Oscar people told me this was the best movie of it's year. Something must be wrong with me because I've hated the movie of the year for years.

I couldn't tell much difference in the character Lewis played in There will be Blood and Gangs of New York. They really seemed like the same guys to me. I miss the days when movies like A Man for All Seasons or Lawrence of Arabia won Oscars.

Edit... somebody mentioned Mars Attacks, Laughed till I cried...several times.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Got a point there in that second para. But was he in No Country/Old Men? I thought that was Benecio somebody. I didn't watch that movie all the way through, so I don't know. Saw Lawrence at the Fox Theatre in Downtown Detroit, right after they finished renovating it. It was part of the Fox pictures chain of theatres, the really big and grand ones with the organs, and gilt everywhere. Now, that's a place to watch grand spectacles like Lawrence. Like Peter O'Toole. My mother has had a crush on Omar Sharif for decades, one of these days she may even learn bridge. :roll:

webmaster
Site Admin

Well, I thought Daniel Day Lewis was pretty good in There Will Be Blood. I liked the movie although I didn't love it and I may not watch it for at least a decade, if ever. The movie painted people with broad thick strokes, which was a stylistic/creative decision. It wasn't a straightforward movie like one Clint Eastwood would present or star in where there's a plot with a solid beginning, a middle and an end. This movie, imo was about grasping. His character met his match in another man driven by grasping, a country preacher. There is a plot, but it's not as conventional as running around looking for a mcguffin.

Mr. Lewis played his role well as a self-centered bitter man incapable to love others or even himself. He played him as a man whose grasping is not the means to becoming wealthy, is not the means to happiness, not even the means for righting some wrong he may have felt in the past. His grasping was grasping for it's own sake and that's it, like a mouth that could not stop eating. Maybe that's his strength over the preacher because the preacher had worldly vices and corruption to ground him. Daniel Day Lewis' character had no such distractions from his grasping. Lewis' character was a mouth with no stomach.

He was not happy and he did not care one way or the other. The only time he softened up was when he thought he discovered a long lost brother, but even then all his brother represented to him was a way to extend the reach of his grasp, just as his "son" had been groomed to extend the reach of his grasp. It's a powerful performance speaking to extremes not of greed but something more raw than greed.

Hey, but different strokes for different folks, right? ;) It's not a movie that's going to please everyone.

Here's a movie to hate: Sukiyaki Western Django by Quentin Tarantino, a director that never fails to cause me to injure a finger from hitting the eject button too hard. Sukiyaki was bad in a million different ways. To someone who is somewhat literate in Asian film, that movie played the waya Chinese dinner would taste if one were limited to ingredients manufactured by Kraft.
Last edited by webmaster on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 am, edited 8 times in total.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

No Wing , no DD Lewis in 'No Country". That was confusing the way I wrote it. Wish I could type as fast as I think.

I went back to look at Oscar winners and" No Country" had the same flavor as those 2 DD Lewis. I ended up angry that I wasted time watching them. Felt that way about "Babel" too. I've read "Slum dog" was a feel good movie so I'll pass. I don't want to feel so good I end up suicidal.

I mentioned "World's Fastest Indian" in another thread. If you haven't seenit, it truly was a feel good movie even for those of us from a more advanced generation. :lol:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Sometimes the ending of a movie sucks so bad it outweighs the rest of the flick.
WM--maybe you should write a review column--but they'd better give you two. Never heard of that QT movie, probably with good reason.
Charlie, I type much faster in my brain, it's my fingers that are dyslexic. :lol:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I did see my kind of movie tonight. Fools Gold...very cute and right up my alley. The MV in my handle is motor vessel. Mine looks like the one they had in the beginning of the show. Best line I've heard in a while "Ve blew up de boat and sunk it to mark de spot" I shot diet Dr Pepper through my nose.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Ewww! I prefer Mug, or decaf diet Pepsi. However, Vernor's will get in your nose, no matter what. Hot Vernor's is good this time of year. (yup)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”