wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Cats as wrist rests

FYI: cats make lousy, awkward wrist rests when trying to use the computer & mouse--especially BIG cats. :roll:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

But that's when they KNOW we'll be in one place long enough to really get cozy!

Yep, my cats have always liked "helping" me. Current kitty is this very minute putting "paws up" on my legs to get into my lap and "help." This one loves to "chase" the cursor around the screen, as well as swat at the mouse cord.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

webmaster
Site Admin

Yah, I could never understand how some people can work all day balancing a cat in their lap, lol.

Most of my clothes are black, makes getting dressed easy. However my cat has white hair so it really shows up. Watching DVDs is her time to get pets. :lol:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

We have three cats, currently, in varying colours, so all clothing, furniture, etc., is fair game. :roll: When we had dogs, same thing--three, in red, white, and black, so pretty much any pair of pants/jeans were covered. Literally.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Oh, yeah, "covered." I know that situation, too.

Back when I had only cats (pre-March 1998), I had four: gold and white DLH, mostly gray DLH, tortoise-shell DSH, and red and white DSH tabby stripe.

Then, after we moved to this house, we added Bernese Mountain Dogs (black body, red markings, white chest/face/feet).

Through changeover of cats, we now have one calico DSH the EXACT colors of the Bernese doggies--but very different markings :D and the computer cat, who is orange and white DLH. So we have the red, black, white showing up against every single background, too.

I have *yet* to figure out how pet hair gets into new food which I am just opening--cheese in a package, for instance. But if we could harness the anti-gravity power of pet hair, it would be amazing.

Cynthia
(we planted winter veg. seeds today; not sure if anything will come up with the sun so far south and our next-door neighbor's house 2 stories tall...)

Sienna Dawn

Cats as wrist rests and dogs as foot warmers... Yep, that's the life!!

I have 3 cats, 2 of which I inherited from my daughter, and 2 Golden Retrievers which we got from rescue.

I used to work from home in an online moderator capicity and loved it. Commute down the hall in my jammies with coffee cup in hand... settle in with the feline wrist rest of the day and prop my feet up on a doggie or two.

Can't imagine life without 'em! Have lint brush, will travel! :-D

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Have lint brush, will travel! I love it! :lol:

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

I prefer to have cats as lap warmers! We have 4 cats--2 domesticated and 2 rescued. The 2 domestics are great lap cats. One rescued prefers to sit next to you and usually only if you have food. Our other rescued cat only just discovered that the lap is heated like 2 weeks ago, now she loves it! And she'll lay on the lap even if it is already occupied--she just bites and licks the other cat until they leave. Ha!

I'm plagued with cat hair in food even though I try so hard! And my DH is a pure germ-aphobe and will not tolerate a hair even if it's been sanitized in the oven. So when I make anything, I must remove my sweater or sweatshirt and brush myself off (not in the kitchen, mind you) and hope I've removed enough hairs so they won't get into the food again. Oh well--sometimes I'll remove the hairs before he sees to complain. Cats!

Sienna Dawn

petalfuzz wrote:I'm plagued with cat hair in food even though I try so hard! And my DH is a pure germ-aphobe and will not tolerate a hair even if it's been sanitized in the oven. So when I make anything, I must remove my sweater or sweatshirt and brush myself off (not in the kitchen, mind you) and hope I've removed enough hairs so they won't get into the food again. Oh well--sometimes I'll remove the hairs before he sees to complain. Cats!
Hee! With 3 cats and 2 long-haired dogs... no matter how hard you try, you just can't keep them out of *everything* so... animal hairs are considered condiments around here. :lol:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”