webmaster
Site Admin

THG Named Best of the Web Newcomer by BusinessWeek

https://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/09/0929_loved_websites/2.htm

Thank you to all who visit and help make our forum the friendly place it is. Our moderators are among the best I have ever experienced in any forum in terms of knowledge, helpfulness and community leadership. I'm very proud of them.

All the best to you!
:D

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Congratulations Roger!

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Wow! Way to go, Roger.

(I looked for a text article at the link, but couldn't find it.)

Cynthia

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

To Roger & Mods:
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray! For they are all jolly good fellows, and so say all of us!

Had to chuckle at the "new" part. Guess our voting paid off, eh?

CharlieK

Congratulations to everyone and the great staff! This is a very helpful site to all us learners! 8)

Gerrie

WOW! Congratulations to all of you who made it possible-keep up the good work,Roger, this is a model for other less friendly and helpful blogs out there. :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Congrats, but we already knew that.

I would like to personally thank Roger, the mods and all of the little guys for making this site what it is. It has truly turned my modest gardening obsession into an all out, no holds barred gardening obsession. This site has even changed the way I look at gardening and the environment.

Thanks

Dono
Last edited by gixxerific on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

One piece of why HelpfulGardener was named and not other garden forums is that we work very hard at keeping the forum family friendly and with a respectful tone and decommercialized. We try to make this truly a friendly community of gardeners supporting each others endeavors.

That's part of what I really value about it and why I volunteer my time as moderator.

Gardentime

I'm excited to be a member here. I like that Helpful Gardener seems more like a "family of gardeners" and not just people who talk about gardening. I feel like everyone has very reliable information here and I think new gardeners feel welcome here!

Thanks to the experts!

engineeredgarden
Green Thumb

One piece of why HelpfulGardener was named and not other garden forums is that we work very hard at keeping the forum family friendly and with a respectful tone and decommercialized. We try to make this truly a friendly community of gardeners supporting each others endeavors.
That's why I came here, because other forums have popups and lots of arguments!

EG

Canadian Farmer Guy

Kudos to the mods! 8)

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Congratulations, I know I tell anyone who will listen about the virtues of this site for anyone with an interest in things that grow. This site is so extensive in fields covered that it has become a great source of information for all gardening needs.

Great site and a great job by the folks that make it all happen. Again, Congratulations.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Thats great!!!!!!!! Congrats indeed Roger and Mods!!! I love this forum and always tell friends about it. Such a wonderful group of people!!! YAY!!!!!!!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:One piece of why HelpfulGardener was named and not other garden forums is that we work very hard at keeping the forum family friendly and with a respectful tone and decommercialized. We try to make this truly a friendly community of gardeners supporting each others endeavors.

That's part of what I really value about it and why I volunteer my time as moderator.
I like this a lot and is one reason I come here often.

The people here are helpful and knowledgeable. Plus it is not a one up-man-ship kind of place, what ever you are doing is respected for what it is, I like the non-confrontational and competitive attitude here.

edelweiss

From the first day I became a member, I knew I found something wonderful. Help was readily available throughout the day. I like to thank everybody who is working on this Forum and made it such a success! Keep up the great work. :D

Your's sincerely,

Edelweiß

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Roger - I am so glad I found this forum. Although the Business Week recognition is from 08 it is still a feather in your cap. I am constantly impressed by the knowledgeable replies, the laughs I get and most of all the personal concern. Twice I have been absent from the forum for a few days because I was out of town. Both times I received PMs from members asking if I was OK. I am SOOO touched by such personal concern.

Great job and thanks to one and all.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:One piece of why HelpfulGardener was named and not other garden forums is that we work very hard at keeping the forum family friendly and with a respectful tone and decommercialized. We try to make this truly a friendly community of gardeners supporting each others endeavors.

I'm quite new here but I echo all the good things that are being said about The Helpful Gardener. I would like to know more about how it was formed, how and by whom it's sustained and how it's kept commercial-free. It is the best forum-type site I have ever come across and I earnestly hope it will continue forever in its present form. Why is Business Week interested in highlighting a non-commercial website? I find that slightly ominous!

Please somebody in the know create an introductory info package detailing the "provenence" etc. of THG. (Apologies if it already exists and I've missed it; in which case point me there.)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”