kwyer
Newly Registered

Newly Laid Standard Turf

Hi

This is my first visit to the forum! I have just finished laying some standard turf in our front and back garden. It is looking pretty good. I am anxious to see that the turf is maintained to a reasonable quality and would very much like some advice on the after-care treatment if required. I have had a few tips like applying combined lawn/weed treatment, Epsom Salts, etc but I cannot make up my mind considering that the turf has only just been freshly applied. Sould I let it mature first before going mad on treatments, etc?

Thank you.

Kind regards

pd

Hi, Don't do anything except water if the weather should turn hot and sunny. The turves must not dry out or that will impede rooting and also open up the joins.

If the ground was properly prepared prior to turf laying nothing needs to be applied in the way of fertilisers until well established. In my view next spring will be soon enough. This would also apply to lawn weed killers. There should be few weeds in good lawn turf but of the ones that do appear many will be annual and many will succumb under the first cut.

Begin cutting when the grass gets above 2cm and keep the mower blades high.

Regading aftercare, look at the article 'Lawns' on my website; it may be of some help.

[url]https://www.raffia.plus.com[/url]

Janinec
Newly Registered

Hi,

Is turf better in the long run or is seeding yourself better???????
If I turf how soon can some go on the garden I have a little boy.

Thanks
janine

milifestyle

Janinec wrote:Hi,

Is turf better in the long run or is seeding yourself better???????
If I turf how soon can some go on the garden I have a little boy.

Thanks
janine
Depends on when you need to use it and what purpose it will be used for.

Return to “Lawn Care”