JonLan
Newly Registered

How do I get rid of this?

My yard is infested with these little balls(seeds?) I hear corn gluten meal is good for keeping seeds from growing but how do I get rid of the ones that are already growing. My entire front lawn is full of them! Don’t know if it matters or not but I’m in NJ.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
478C0283-3671-4D44-B70B-44737B678782.jpeg

applestar
Mod

They look like sedge but not the dreaded yellow nut sedge... more like one of the native sedges. Are the seedheads shorter than your lawnmower can cut? IMHO the shorter fine leaf sedge varieties are better lawn grass alternative since they are drought tolerant, need less fertilizer and naturally will stay short instead of typical lawn grass speciess’ ridiculous natural height of 2-3 feet.

JonLan
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:They look like sedge but not the dreaded yellow nut sedge... more like one of the native sedges. Are the seedheads shorter than your lawnmower can cut? IMHO the shorter fine leaf sedge varieties are better lawn grass alternative since they are drought tolerant, need less fertilizer and naturally will stay short instead of typical lawn grass speciess’ ridiculous natural height of 2-3 feet.
Thanks a lot for the reply. It’s about half and half with regards to how high the seedheads are.

Return to “Lawn Care”