magicmat
Newly Registered

UK Grass Help!

Hi!

I had my lawn turfed back in March, and it seemed to "take" very well.
2018-04-09 12.03.01.jpg
After a couple of months I fed it some fertiliser, and scarified it and it was looking good. I even bought a robot lawn mower to keep it looking great!
2018-06-06 20.26.48.jpg
We've had a very dry and hot summer here in the UK for about 3 months, along with a hosepipe ban meaning my lawn (and everyones elses) aren't looking their best. The robot mower was turned off since there was very little growth.

The weather has returned to normal, and we've had a fair amount of rain for the last 2 weeks, but my lawn is still suffering. Sections around the edge are looking better, but the centre and the majority of it is really patchy and brown.
2018-08-29 14.05.12.jpg
2018-08-29 14.05.18.jpg
2018-08-29 14.05.29.jpg
2018-08-29 14.42.29.jpg
Any suggestions what my best course of action is now? I would usually mix seed with topsoil and spread it and keep it watered. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks

ACW

If your weather has been anything like we have had in London I would not worry to much ,grass tends to come back once the rain has done its work .
My small patch of lawn went dormant until early this month ,its now needing mowing weekly again .However I was able to give it an occaisional sprinkle of grey bath water maybe once a fortnight ,I would rather use that water for my veggie beds and planters.

magicmat
Newly Registered

ACW wrote: My small patch of lawn went dormant until early this month ,its now needing mowing weekly again .However I was able to give it an occasional sprinkle of grey bath water maybe once a fortnight ,I would rather use that water for my veggie beds and planters.
That's just it...mine hasn't returned, as per the photos!

ACW

I would be patient ,the london parks all looked brown 3 weeks ago and are now verdant green again.
grass really does bounce back .That is of course if it was well established,your new turf may not have established itself fully.before the drought set in .

Return to “Lawn Care”