Andrewjb
Newly Registered

New lawn laid - Should it look like this

Hi we have just had a new lawn (winter green couch) laid and it looks as in the attachments, there are various lumps and bumps, overlaps and gaps, also should it be at the same height as the kerbing for easier mowing, I look forward to any comments before we pay the professional that laid it. Thank you in advance, Andrew
P1180990.JPG
P1180990.JPG
Attachments
P1180988.JPG

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

You say a professional did this?? If so, that is some sad work. I'm in no way a professional landscaper, but I have laid 2 big yards with sod in my time and they looked a heck of a lot better than that.

How did he prep the area before laying the sod------------better yet, DID he prep the area at all?

imafan26
Mod

I thought an amateur did that. The soil should have been prepped and leveled first. Usually the joints are offset and the pieces should be leveled and firmed into the ground. Sod will need to be watered within 30 minutes of installation and kept watered a few times a day. The drying edges are telling me that it probably does not have good contact with the soil; the edges were not butted up against each other so an air gap was created; the gaps were not filled; and it is dying/drying grass.

https://www.dummies.com/home-garden/lawn ... -new-lawn/

Return to “Lawn Care”