Unusedorphan
Newly Registered

Recently planted grass from seed question

Hello this is my first post on this forum so thank you for any responses. So recently I had just seeded my lawn with bermuda grass and just now noticed 3 days in this growing in my yard I'm not sure what it is or if I should remove it. Any advice or insight would be appreciated. I live in phoenix Arizona and have never planted a lawn before.
Attachments
15260603691664926627782710841049.jpg

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I did a close-up on the pic you supplied and it does appear you have a fair amount of blades of grass I'll assume are the Bermuda you put in, but like you can see, you also seem to have a good amount of weeds coming in also.

Not knowing what was there in the first place, or how you prepared the ground to receive the seeds, I feel it is safe to assume that is just weeds that were already there from before the seeding and are simply making a comeback. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now because if you tried to spray the weeds, you'd kill the grass you have coming in.

I'd let it grow and once it gets established you may try some weed and feed designed to not hurt the grass but take out the weeds. Keep it watered so the grass gets established is a good start unless your area is under some drought restrictions that prevents watering lawns. Then it's a junk shoot, especially as the weather warms.

Unusedorphan
Newly Registered

Thank you for the quick response I really appreciate it!

Return to “Lawn Care”