whorainy
Newly Registered

Hi I'm Matt and I have a lawn problem!

Hey everyone

Matt here. Lived in Texas all my life. I live in north east Texas near the Oklahoma border. It gets pretty dang hot and dry here during the year. What I'm struggling with is my lawn (back and front) from a house we bought last year. My wife basically said that the back yard looks like we're white trash and I have to agree lol. I've included some pictures of the front and back.

Here's is what I'm coming to this forum to receive some advice on.

Front:
1. Firstly, do I have grub worms judging from the pictures you see (bare spots in lawn) or is this just due to shade from the tree
2. If shade, what type of grass should I be planing. I tried Augustine sod but it died because I couldn't water enough. I tried seeding bermuda, and it never took.

Back:
1. It looks like a desert and I'm not sure why. In the earlier summer months it was pretty green. Lots of bermuda. What's the best plan of action here?
2. I planted winter grass in a large area by the patio last year and it took really well....should I see winter rye over the whole lawn to keep the soil in good shape?
3. Do I have grub worms back here?

I have a spike aerator and am really going to dedicate some time this year. Overall, what should I do this winter to setup for success working on a healthy lawn for the spring?

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
back3.jpg
back2.jpg
back1.jpg
front2.jpg
front1.jpg

Pkboo

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. I don't have any answers for you but I can point you in the right direction. If you scroll down a bit in the list of forums there is a forum called Lawn Care. Hopefully you will be able to find some answers there.

Return to “Lawn Care”