tonys
Newly Registered

help, I've got weeds

These little creepy weeds came in after a drought and I can't seem to get rid of them. I've tried Scott's but I don't like it because I have burnt the lawn before and then I get more weeds. I tend to stick with milorganite now and a squirt bottle for large weeds and dandelions but these little weeds are a problem that I don't know how to remove them without killing grass. Thanks for any help and comments.

Tony
Attachments
weeds.JPG

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

In the spots where that weed is you probably will have to kill everything and start over.

imafan26
Mod

If you have more weeds than grass, you probably have to start over. Even if you are able to kill the weeds, the grass is obviously not strong enough to compete.

I have the same issue, and I am also resorting to round up and image on the weeds. My grass is coming back but it is going to be a 2-7 year effort according to my friend to get rid of nutsedge since I am only killing the sedge with attached nuts and the unattached nuts will have to be sprouted and killed as they come up. I have to rescue my plants from the other areas before I use Round Up.

Return to “Lawn Care”