BCBrooke
Newly Registered

How to Kill Grass but not harm Neighbors Lawn

IMG_6818.jpg
Hi! I'll attach a photo of my problem. We just moved in and have a terribly overtaken rockbed (we're on the right). Besides having the entire area dug out and redone, I'm wondering if there is a way to kill the grass on our side (again, the right) without harming our neighbors lawn (on the left). Thanks for any ideas!

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Cheap piece of plywood, hold it vertically on the property line, spray your side, move as you work.

Allyn
Green Thumb

Cardboard. Get some cardboard boxes and open them up so they lay flat. Cover your side of the dirt strip and weigh them down with something like bricks or similar. It won't take long for everything underneath the cardboard to be dead. You can do the same thing with black plastic garbage bags. Anything that is opaque that you keep in place for a while will kill your grass and leave your neighbor's untouched.

applestar
Mod

I second cardboard. But what do you intend doing with the area afterwards?

BCBrooke
Newly Registered

Thank you for the ideas - hadn't thought of these!!
As for the plans for this area I have no idea!! The photo's not great - it's front to back something like an ugly red lava rock. Unfortunately, it may stay like that this year!

Return to “Lawn Care”