Super Green Thumb

Large Crab Grass

:cry:

Automoglow
Newly Registered

Ewwwwww someone also said it was bremuda and some crabgrass... Not sure

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

They're similar, but I thinks it's crabgrass. Either way they're both pretty invasive. Both a nuisance if you have a fescue lawn.

Automoglow
Newly Registered

Yes in live in Florida. So would it be better to just re sod my yard than deal with the Bremuda and killing the crabgrass? I new to the lawn care so any help would be appreciated. Just trying to get a nice healthy great lawn.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Can you tell me more about what you have going on in your yard?

Is this primarily what's growing?

Some people seed Bermuda grass in their yards. Since you live in Florida, it won't die off in the winter like it does here. The crabgrass won't die off either with out a hard killing frost. Here we use pre emergents to prevent the spring time and fall season seeds from germinating. It's pretty effective control.

I would suggest that you have your soil tested by your local extension office. Sometime local colleges will do it for free. That way you can make any changes needed. Sod is an option, but $$$$$$$! I'd hate to see you spend all that money just to have problems later due to insufficient or improper soil parameters.

Tell us more about your issues and your yard.

Automoglow
Newly Registered

Yes that is primarily what's in my yard I was thinking is was st. Augustine mixed in. I took some more pictures of what my yard mostly has.... One picture is some weeds that I need to take care
If as well...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Automoglow
Newly Registered

Pulled some out the look kind of different
Attachments
image.jpeg

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Automoglow wrote:Yes in live in Florida. So would it be better to just re sod my yard than deal with the Bremuda and killing the crabgrass? I new to the lawn care so any help would be appreciated. Just trying to get a nice healthy great lawn.

Well, if you are considering re-sodding your lawn, I would consider putting down St. Augustine sod. It will grow very well in your area since it is the lawn of choice here in S.E. Louisiana. If you're not familiar with it, the grass, once it takes will grow well, stay green all year long and is quite thick under foot. I have to mow mine no less than once a week in the summer and ideally, it is easier to do so 5 times a month if we get a fair amount of rain.

If you don't want to go to the expense of re-sodding your entire lawn, simply buy a couple dozen pieces of sod, cut them up in squares and plant them spaced around the yard. St. Aug sends out runners that will overtake a lawn in a couple years time, especially in your growing conditions.

Return to “Lawn Care”