lawnhelpq32
Newly Registered

Roundup sprayed on grass! Anything to keep lawn from dying?

A few hours ago, my son put roundup on dandelions in my grass (don't ask why) and now the lawn is going to die. Any advice on how to fix it? Is it too late or is there something I can do to stop the grass from dying? Help!! :!:

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Roundup kills everything. There is no way to undo a Roundup application. Was it a blanket application over the entire lawn or just a few spot treatments here and there? Any grass that was touched by Roundup will die. Roundup is unselective, kills everything. And it stays in the soil for a while. It binds with nutrients in the soil. The remedy will depend upon how and how much Roundup was applied.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

If it was just a few hours ago, flushing the lawn with lots of water MAY help....

imafan26
Mod

If he just sprayed around the dandelions, the part of the grass that was sprayed is going to die, but the parts that did not get sprayed should survive and you can fill in the dead spots with a patch.

Allyn
Green Thumb

lawnhelpq32 wrote:A few hours ago, my son put roundup on dandelions in my grass (don't ask why)...
I'm guessing to get rid of the dandelions? Just what was sprayed will die, so if he spritzed each dandelion, the dandelion and the grass that caught the overspray will die. I'd be afraid that watering it to try to flush it would spread the Roundup. My husband once sprayed a weed that was growing up along the driveway. It rained right after and there was a stripe of dead grass about two feet long down the edge of the driveway starting from the spot he sprayed. The grass will die, but you can reseed or patch it after the Roundup is gone. Read the container to know when it is safe to replant.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No the reason I said about watering, is I was assuming the whole lawn was sprayed. If only the dandelions were sprayed, you wouldn't want to water. But it is too late now anyway.

Return to “Lawn Care”