AJR1982
Newly Registered

Multiple times on a timer

I'm thinking of getting my yard/flower beds on a sprinkler system. I live in Spokane Valley, WA. I have done some research and still have the following questions.

1) Is there a multi-zone timer that can operate multiple times in one zone? ie my flowerbed will get dry in hot temperatures sooner then my grass. Can I have that zone turn on more than once per day?

2) Brand vs. Brand ~ What's your personal opinion.

imafan26
Mod

There are multiple zones on a timer. Each zone needs to be tied in to one manifold and each zone can be watered usually one to 4 times a day. You need to one that is easy to program and you need to know your water pressure and gph. It will determine how many emitters or sprinklers, soakers, etc you can run in a single zone.

Faucet timers have come a long way. The early ones leaked badly so they weren't worth having around. I only use singe zone faucet timers.

The normal multizone timers frankly are much better and they are usually tapped in before the house pressure reduction valve so they can operate more emitters. They are usually electronically plugged in with battery backup and the wires are run to each of the manifolds. Timers do not last forever but the regular ones last 8-10 years before needing replacement. I haven't had a faucet timer last more than three. In fact, I am having problems with one lasting a year because the ants have been getting inside and ruining them.

https://www.thaltech.com/houseblog/2009/ ... er-timers/

Return to “Lawn Care”