jcrous

Enough Water

I decided recently to redo my well point.
The one that I had gave water 24/7 but at a rate of about 200 litres per hour. I was too slow, so municipal water was more economical, but also too expensive.
When I was on leave a month ago, I blew three shafts witha water jet to 5 meters (15 feet) and I linked them.
Now my water is about 2100 l / hour at 2 bar (roughly 500 gal / hour).
This is available for 24/7, but at the back it take 75 minutes to wet everything down to 15 min at a spot and in the front 45 minutes. I wet three times a week.
I am fortunate that the water do not stain our walls as some spots do.

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

Wow I wish our wells delivered so much water and at such a low depth! We have two wells both are artisan wells at 450 feet and deeper. One of the wells, the cleanest of the two, just barely sustains our house as long as I don't do too many loads of laundry. The other well seems to have a good supply of water but is very dirty with clay floating in the water that stains everything brown. Even our water treatment unit which includes a coagulant with a sand filter and a softener doesn't get the water from the 2nd well clear when it is used a lot.

So we used the 2nd well mostly for outside watering and only in the house when we have extreme needs like having a party with lots of people flushing toilets or if we have to do a lot of laundry in a short period of time for some reason.

You definitely are very fortunate! :)

jcrous

I use this water only for lawn and shrubs. For veggies I use tap water.
This water contains 151 grams of something per 100 liters of water and is causing growth disorder on veggies. I can drink it and the lawn flourishes.
the down pipe is of one inch diameter, with three points linked to one pump. It is like a miniature wel, but we suck the water directly from the sand, and not ansubmersable pump like a real well.

Return to “Lawn Care”