James98
Newly Registered

Lawn problem - White Patches

My lawn recently got turfed round about the end if March, the grass was fine but I purchased a new flymo as my petrol lawn mower was ruining the turf. I think the flymo may have cut the grass too short and now my grass has some white patches on it. I think because I never watered my grass and it never rained for a while maybe it has died in some areas but I have now baught a sprinkler and try to use it for at least 15-45 mins a day unless it is due to rain I have went back using the petrol lawn mower as the ground is much harder now and the turf has settled more, I usually cut the grass twice a week Wednesday and Sundays and I vary the direction I cut and I now cut it at about 2.5 inches. The grass is perfect in some areas but in others there are white patches, I applied evergreen extreme green and about 2 weeks later I applied evergreen spray & feed and it has worked to some extent but there is still some patches I will attach some photos. I am fairly new to gardening and looking after my lawn but I hope someone can help me and maybe suggest things I am doing wrong and something's I could do to help. The first picture is 2 week after I applied the evergreen extreme green and straight after I applied ever green spray and feed. The second picture is the day after I applied the spray and feed.
Attachments
24hr after spray and feed
24hr after spray and feed

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

where are you located, what is your climate like, what have recent temperatures been like?

there are almost no garden questions that can be answered without regard to location and climate

James98
Newly Registered

I am currently located in Glasgow, Scotland the weather varies a lot from very warm and sunny somedays and other dull and rainy.

Return to “Lawn Care”