Patio

Best Way for Preparing Lawn for Winter

I live in the Great NW (Seattle area). I wanted to get some input on what is the best way to prep my lawn for the winter? I always seem to have to deal with a few mossy areas come spring. I am hoping that I can apply something that will help me with this issue, and protect my lawn through the winter. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Patio

Hi everyone, I am reposting this question, because no one was able to give me input? if you are able to help
please reply. here is the question again.

I live in the Great NW (Seattle area). I wanted to get some input on what is the best way to prep my lawn for the winter? I always seem to have to deal with a few mossy areas come spring. I am hoping that I can apply something that will help me with this issue, and protect my lawn through the winter. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Laurel leaf
Newly Registered

You can still aerate right now. What was the last fertilizer application you have done?

Patio

I put Scotts super turf builder on it, about the end of July. Can You recommend a good product that I can put on it, that will prepare it for winter?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Moss has to do with shade, moisture and soil acidity. Compacted soils, soils with poor drainage, low lying or otherwise moist soils will attract moss. So loosening soil, improving drainage (e.g. by aerating), drying out, making it sunnier (limb up or thin trees, etc) will decrease moss. If your soil is acid, adding agricultural lime will decrease moss as will improving soil fertility.

Patio

Thank You for the input. I will try loosening the soil a bit, and adding a little lime.

Keep it Green

Patio

Thank You for Your input!

Return to “Lawn Care”