mmt

what have you done to ur lawn for fall ?

I had the lawn with some bare hard groung surfaces. So I did fill the mixture of sand and mushroom manure mix and put new grass seeds there again hoping it'll grow before frost. And wanting to know, what abour you ? :)
Mimi

imafan26
Mod

My lawn is still dormant for summer. I live in the tropics, so my conditions are different. Tropical grasses go dormant in the summer. When the rain comes it greens up again, and I have to mow a whole lot more. Next month I will dethatch. I regretted feeding the lawn last March, so I am going to skip the next feeding, but I will probably still aerate and top dress. I have a small lawn, but it still tries to take over the beds. I have already pulled the overgrown grass out from my fencing and under one bench. I still have one bench to go, and I always have to weed the grass out of my shrub border.

lily51
Greener Thumb

Nothing yet. The summer was so wet that we've been mowing it 1-2 Times per week since spring. It stayed green and lush right through August which is usually when all the lawns go brown. Here it is third week of Sept. and. We're still mowing.

brinboise

The temp has finally cooled after an incredibly hot summer for our area, something like the 4th or 5th hottest on record. It took quite a toll on my yard this year. I just raked in/reseeded several spots in the yard and lightly covered with compost and top soil. Now if I can keep the quail from eating the seed :?

mmt

It's been wet and windy here in west coast BC too. Hopefully it come bright again tomorrow. I've got some bare patches like cow tracks here and there :) , so I bought new seeds, some manure and sand half and half mix of two bags as I don't have a trailer to get big bulk :( . I'll have to go to the garden center again before they close in the end of this month for two more bags. Hope it works and enough.

And last week, I've kill some good grass along with weeds by vinegar spray. :shock:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

nada.... I'm not a lawn person. The lawn fends for itself, except for being mowed regularly to keep all the clover and other stuff blending in with the grass.

Return to “Lawn Care”