vnssyndrome89
Newly Registered

Re: Cutting Edge Grass Seed - Too Good to be True?

I am having the same problem. There is no private message button. I would also like a sample and also live in North Texas.

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

Under each poster there are two buttons: one with a little green guy for the profile of the poster and one with a little yellow/orange guy that says " P msg". That is the private message button to use to send someone a private message.

So under the Web Master post you would use the little yellow/orange guy button to private message the webmaster about things.

Good luck!

akm47
Newly Registered

I live in the houston area (south texas), I just now joined this site and I don't have much experience planting grass but is there anyway I could get a sample of these seeds to try and report on? It says I havent participated enough yet to 5send a PM, maybe after this post that will change...

Edit: still no PM function, I really want to see if these seeds work down here. Ill even post a picture of the spot in my lawn where I will plant them, please PM me admin. Thanks, John.

jlavado

OK I have an update on my lawn. As you may know I planted this seed on a bare lawn last fall. The results are in.

The claim of "STOP constant mowing" is NOT true. It looks good but the maintenance is just as high as it was before I planted this stuff.

Check out this thread for a full review: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... 32&t=55076

It's been nearly a year since the grass has come up.

snowballflower
Newly Registered

I lived in Tucson when Cutting Edge Grass Seed was launched. I had several phone conversations with the president of Cutting Edge about overseeding our entire complex of 13 acres. He sent me 10 'x 10' samples of the seed for my zone (C4) and we tried it in various areas in the complex. It worked brilliantly. I just sold my home there and left a beautiful cutting edge grass lawn of 2 1/2 years behind for the new owner. I am in Montana now and plan to overseed with C3 Cool Season Seed on my front and back lawns this late spring when the ground is at least 62 degrees. It germinates quickly and once the roots are deep enough, needs almost no water or mowing. I would recommend it to everyone!

jlavado

snowballflower wrote:I lived in Tucson when Cutting Edge Grass Seed was launched. I had several phone conversations with the president of Cutting Edge about overseeding our entire complex of 13 acres. He sent me 10 'x 10' samples of the seed for my zone (C4) and we tried it in various areas in the complex. It worked brilliantly. I just sold my home there and left a beautiful cutting edge grass lawn of 2 1/2 years behind for the new owner. I am in Montana now and plan to overseed with C3 Cool Season Seed on my front and back lawns this late spring when the ground is at least 62 degrees. It germinates quickly and once the roots are deep enough, needs almost no water or mowing. I would recommend it to everyone!
Another "member" who joined to make this one post... seems legit :roll:
Like I said before... I planted and shared my results. The grass really does look great but expect to mow your lawn twice a week.

Return to “Lawn Care”