Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Weed and Grass Killer. Organic

Vinegar 5% is only slightly effective on many plants and works only in very hot dry weather.

Pickling Vinegar 9% works much better kills small plants works best in hot dry weather.

Dissolve 12 lbs. of salt in 5 gallons of boiling water. Works great in hot dry weather. Water softener salt is $5 for 50 lbs. Lowe's and Home Depot.

Pickling Vinegar plus 10% salt works better. Kills most small plants except for the large 2 ft tall weeds, thistle weed and other hard to kill large weeds.

Stomach Acid is Hydrochloric Acid = Muriatic Acid = Brick Acid. Muriatic Acid contains 60% water. Dissolve 3 lbs. of salt in 3 gallons of hot water then add a gallon of 40% strength Muriatic Acid. Kills all weeds and grass.

Muriatic Acid is $4 and up per gallon, swimming pool supply has it the cheapest.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Almost forgot to mention. Put dish soap in the water it makes it stick to the plants. Some plants water runs right off like it is oily.

EIEIO

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I sprayed some weeds today about 10 am. It is now 6 pm the weeds are dead.

I mixed 1 quart of swimming pool type 30% muriatic acid with 2 quarts of water. Nothing else was added. Temperature here has been about 80 degrees all day. Now at 6 pm we are having 20 mph winds. Weeds are dried up and dead.

10% acid and 90% water works great.

Kills, pig weed, rage weed, lambs quarter weed, Ambrosia weed, several others.

kills this don't know the name Image

jackcrowley
Newly Registered

Our HOA has 1 mile of fence line between pasture land and the road. In July 2015 I purchased 1200 pounds of Cargill TopFlow sodium chloride fine ground I used a Scotts professional spreader on the max setting of 15. After 1 week all grasses and most weeds are dying. Crabgrass, thorny weeds and vines look fine. Will repeat this in 3 weeks and again this winter (2015-2016). Hoping this is enough. Spring 2016 will tell. Looking for a 5 year solution. I may have to reapply 1x per year, but that is fine, compared to every 3 mos of Eraser (Round Up equiv) and I can do this in 1/10th of the time.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Thank you for this recipe!

Sylvrfox
Newly Registered

Will this kill Trumpet Vine? It is so invasive that it's choking out my rose bushes and toots around my fruit trees. I realize if I spray under the trees it will kill them but I'm willing to make that sacrifice if it will totally eliminate this evil plant! It's taking over my yard at this point. It's a deciduous Vine with stems that can become woody with age. When you try to dig it up even going 2 feet down you can't find the beginning of the root. If you cut it off at that point dozens more will sprout and spread!

Return to “Lawn Care”