rickaturner
Newly Registered

Fertilizer for St. Augustine Southern Lawn Question.

I applied a slow-release 19-4-10 a few weeks ago. I want to try to apply a quick greening quick release 15-5-10. Will this be okay or will this burn up my yard? I use Nitro-Phos which is a local Houston area company. Thanks for your help.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Years ago I had a gardening service, I hated St Augustine some people let it get so thick it became like a mattress.

To answer your question. If you water it enough, not overdoing it, you'll have no problem. Good luck with it.

Just reread your question, I wouldn't add quick release. I have added just Ammonium Sulfate. Apply sparingly but evenly. water well, it will green up quickly.
Let us know how it comes out.

therock0503

Just wait for the grass to come to life.

Think of it this way. If its not warm enough for the grass to be growing yet, then the grass isnt going to absorb any nutrients in the lawn you put out. So, if you already put out the nitrogen, then its there, and when the grass is ready to use it, it will.

If you put out too much nitrogen, when the grass does spring to life, there could be too much there and it will get burnt out.....don't do that! :eek:

Return to “Lawn Care”