edelweiss

PARTS OF THE GRASS HAS A RUSTY COLOR

Hello, I noticed every year around the same time in fall some of the grass ...mine and neighbors area have a rusty sort of color.Why does the color of the grass change. Is it preparing for winter? Does it changes color just like the leaves? It looks healthy other wise.

SOB
Green Thumb

Does the rust color come off when you walk through it? There is a pretty common fungus (at least around these parts) called rust that develops on lawns. Don't remember the details off the top of my head but you can probably google it to find out about it.

edelweiss

GRASS

Hello, no it does not come off when I walk through it. It seems to come in fall, after it rained a lot and the temperature gets colder.

Smallgardener

What kind of grass is it. You are way up north so I figure it is a cool season grass. My grass is a mix of fescue, bluegrass, and Bermuda. The bermuda is done, and the fescue and bg would grow if we could get some rain. I did notice that the cool season grass on the north side of the house is getting some fungus on it. I might put some fungacide on it still just to help it get into the fall in a healthy state.

edelweiss

?

I am sorry but I have no idea what type of grass it is.

Return to “Lawn Care”