2305NewHome
Newly Registered

New to forum. Please help!

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a home in Northern Delaware, and to my surprise, practically overnight, my lawn and backyard was overrun by these weeds (there are more of them than grass) as soon as it got warm out. I am not sure what to do. The neighbors yards have similar growth of these weeds, but no where near the extent that I do.

Here are some pictures:

https://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t409/2305NewHome/

If someone can identify them, can you also please tell me what I need to do? Because they are all over the place, should I contact a professional?

Yellowsnow
Cool Member

Hard to tell from the pics and is a weed I am not real familiar with but, it looks like Baby's Breath to me.

Roundup will kill everything and you can plant new grass seed or a professional weed control like Crossbow or Momentum FX should work. Both can be bought at a John Deere Landscapes or supply store for farmers/landscapers.

May be worth calling a professional for an estimate. They should at least identify the plant for you and the price may be decent to control it.

2305NewHome
Newly Registered

Thanks for the response Yellowstone. Are Crossbow and Momentum Fx similar to Round Up, or are they weed-specific?

Yellowsnow
Cool Member

Sorry about that. Crossbow and Momentum are broadleaf control and will not harm grass when used properly. They will hurt shrubs, trees, and flowers, so have to be careful with wind and overspray.

Return to “Lawn Care”