rv1890
Newly Registered

What kind of grass to overseed with

hello guys,

I need to overseed my lawn as it bare in some areas more than others, but don't know if this is Fescue or Bermuda. I live in central California if that helps. Also, what would happen if its Bermuda and I overseed with fescue?, or vice versa Thanks

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/grasska.jpg/

Master_Mind413
Newly Registered

That's Bermuda grass, I had the same problem with brown spots and dead areas and tried several things over a couple years and found that.by using a mulching mower and watering over night helped a lot

I live in Dinuba California also and it can get very hot here I was watering in morning or during the day and it was like a million little magnifying glasses that was just frying the grass by moving my watering to late evening about 4 till 11 at night ( I have a lot of grass ) it changed within a couple days it started to turn dark green and flourish

And recently we just got a new lawnmower I went the green electric rout and just turned out it was a mulching mower by mistake and now after a few months of use with it the grass is thick and filling in again so the combination of the two things have made all the difference in the world
Last edited by Master_Mind413 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Both good stories MM. I like how you think...

HG

Return to “Lawn Care”