Binkalette

Organic Help for our lawn?

We bought our first house last spring and the empty lot next to it. the lot our house sits on isn't so bad.. there is more grass than weeds (still plenty of weeds though) and no bare spots. The second lot though looks like the contractor just drove off yesterday. It's almost all weeds, mostly weeds that look like grass but aren't, and there are HUGE bare spots. We thing the biggest bare spot may have been killed off by a fungus as it is in a circular shape. I looked around at some fungicide and weed killer products, but they are all horrible and not safe to use on the yard with our dogs.

What can I do to get some grass back.. organically? The lot is really big.. large enough for another house+yard, so covering all the ground with newspaper/soil isn't going to be very feasible. :( We've thought about trying to find somewhere that could drop off a truck load of topsoil and try to spread that out over the bare spot and then plant some grass seeds on top.. what do you think?

And is there anything organic that can take care of fungus? I've read about cinnamon being used on house plants to keep fungus from growing, would that work in the yard?

Thanks!

Return to “Lawn Care”