Avril
Newly Registered

fescue grass with "sandy spots"

Hi there. I am seeing some sandy spots in my fescue grass. It is in areas that are sloped but also a little elsewhere. What is this as it is new in my yard. :(

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope you find it friendly and helpful! I took the liberty of moving your post from the introductory section to the lawn care section, since you had a specific lawn question. Not as many people look at the introductions, so maybe now some one with some grass experience will notice the question.

I'm not much of a lawn person myself. But in the meantime, I would suggest if you can post a couple pictures and give us a little more information, like what are the conditions, is this lawn in full sun or what, how is it watered, fertilized etc, when a lawn care expert does come by they will be more able to give you good help. The more information you can give us the better help you are likely to get back.

Thanks and good luck with it!

Avril
Newly Registered

Hello, thanks for your help.

I remembered just yesterday that Ga. had been on water restrictions for the last 3 years and I could not water as much. That might be a reason for my grass to develop sandy patches. Also, I have a good deal of pine trees, though, the places that are bad do get at least 3-4 hours of full sun. I will take a some photos of it next week.

Does that help.

Avril
Newly Registered

Re: fertilizer, I usually lime and fertilize in the Spring and Fall. Sometimes in the summer I will fertilize again but because of having the water restrictions I have not for the past few years. This year we have plenty of water so those restrictions are not in effect.

Return to “Lawn Care”