kixon66
Newly Registered

Repairing Roundup Damage

Upon returning from vacation I found that weeds were popping up all over my yard. I grabbed for my trusty sprayer of WeedBGone Max, which I've successfully used for years, and went on the attack. After a few days I saw brown spots developing everywhere that I sprayed. It was then that I realized I had messed up and grabbed the Roundup sprayer by mistake.

I live in Central Illinois and have the same kind of yard most folks have here, which I assume to be fescue and blue but frankly I don't know for sure. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is there a chance that the healthy grass will spread and fill in or am I just dreaming? Do I need to dig up the spots and fill with either sod or seed?

I'd appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

After a few days the round up will dissapate and you can dig up the areas and work the soil. Then plant new seed.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Another good reason to be very careful with poisons!

The Round Up will break down after a couple weeks, but if you leave the spot bare you will get weeds back not grass. You need to replant it.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You can plant the next day after using roundup. You don't have to wait weeks.

Plant seeds or grow weeds.

Oops I forgot to say get rid of that Roundup safely and don't use it again Or you'll get a spanking. :P

Return to “Lawn Care”