srglawn
Newly Registered

6 Month Old Sod Goes Brown

First and foremost I would like to thank you greatly for reading this post. Here is our problem.

We put new sod (90/10) in our front yard 3 months ago and within the last month it is starting to turn yellowish/brown in some areas. We live in norther California and the lawn faces due west and receives lots of hot sun later in the day. We are trying to figure out what what the problem is and why our lawn looks this way. Many of our neighbors lawns are very green and healthy and others look like ours. Our lawn is watered 10 minutes
a day at 4AM daily. Your opinions/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Pictures of the lawn are at the URL below

Thank you,

srglawn

https://picasaweb.google.com/glaser.scott/LawnProblems?feat=directlink

GeorgiaGirl

My first thought was that your watering schedule needs to shift so that you're watering much more deeply, less frequently... so gradually switch to 20 minutes every other day, etc., until you're watering about an inch once per week, but only one or two days per week in total.

When I saw the up-close photos, though, it looks as though the lawn mower that's being used needs to be sharpened. The blade ends look a bit ragged. Are you mowing yourself or do you hire a lawn service?

Return to “Lawn Care”