green aesthetic
Newly Registered

Patchy tall fecue

Hi all, I have some issues with a tall fescue lawn. I don't know if these lawns are grown in the states but couldnt find a good local forum. I have treated the lawn with cockshaefer bug and rust fungus but the lawn keeps dying in patches, the affected part turn a pale green, become very thin blades, then die. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ben

Bestlawn
Cool Member

You need a plant pathology lab to diagnose the disease/fungus. That's the only way you can be certain what you are using is specific to your problem. What if you have a disease that is not rust-related? Actually, it's only rust if you can see the red/orange spores. They are dusty-like and easily walked onto the ground and into your house. Plus, there usually isn't any need for chemical control with rust. Just a shot of fertilizer puts it in check. But if you don't see the spores, then it's not rust and you want to find out what it is.

Here in the US, each state has an agricultural university. Each agriculture university has an extension service in every country/parish throughout the state in order to serve the communities. It is those exension services that have the testing/diagnostic/identification facilities (soil testing, plant pathology, and plant identification). I don't know if it works the same where you are, but your local garden center should be able to direct you.

Return to “Lawn Care”