brandyball
Newly Registered

lawn ridges picture

https://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv67/brandyball/0952.jpg

If you copy and paste this into the address bar you should see the lawn problem. or maybe you just have to click on the link. The black on the lawn is just weed killer and the ridges run across left to right as you look at the picture. I thought if you saw the problem somebody might know what is causing it. Thanks for all the help.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Have you ever overseeded this lawn?

HG

brandyball
Newly Registered

Hi the only time the garden was seeded was when it was laid 20yrs ago. Nobody seems to know what the problem is. This is the first time is 20yrs this has happened. I live in County Donegal in Ireland and none of the farmers have ever seen this before, and they deal with the land all the time. So I got advice to test the soil so that what I'll do. Thanks for the help.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

It reminds me of those ripple marks you see in tidal flats, right? What are surface flows like? Redistributed fertilizers could do that...

HG

brandyball
Newly Registered

Yeah you're right about the ripple marks. We only put down the fertilizer that we use every year. It goes black for a while and then it turns green. As I've said we have been here 20yrs same lawn, same everything then these things appear. Weird.

armada-jon
Newly Registered

Did you find out what caused this as I have the same problem

Return to “Lawn Care”