surfnc25
Newly Registered

centipede grass turning brown after fertilizing, HELP !!!!!!

I live in Wilmington, NC and have centipede grass, at the begining of the summer I fertilized the lawn and all was good, grass was green and healthy all summer long. Last Sunday which was bout 3 months after the 1st fertilizing I decided to fertilize again before the winter months hit. Anyway after fertilizing I didn't water the grass because I thought it was going to rain that night and I guess it didn't. On Tuesday I could see the grass starting to turn brown so I turned the sprinklers on around 5pm and since then it has rained a few times so the grass has had plenty of water. Is there anything I can do about the grass turning brown or should I wait it out and see if the water will help in the next days? I used Lesco fertilizer with a # count of 16-8-10 or something like that. Any helpful hints would be nice, thanks.

greenie
Newly Registered

If you didn't water it after you applied it you may have burned it if it was hot that day. You should always water after you fertilize.

surfnc25
Newly Registered

yeah I think I burned it because it was super hot that day I fertilized it. It is starting to look a little better now with all the rain and watering I have done. I mowed this past weekend and it looks a litter better so I think I may have cut off the top burn part. Should think about doing any other kind of fertilizing or just keep watering this like I have been?

Thanks

Return to “Lawn Care”