SatyrGrey

Yeah, that thing people call a 'Title'

So, Double D told me to make a post of my own here, and for the life of me, I can't think of what to put that other's haven't already touched base on... So, without knowing anything else to talk about, I suppose I'll bring my future plans to the table, and share them with you.

Firstly, I am no expert; I am a beginner permaculture student - obtaining my certification via the Regenerative Leadership Institute website. It is my hope to obtain a brilliant understanding of permaculture and gardening/farming/animal care as I can in order to establish a homestead. I'll be buying land when I can afford it, and then I intend to build it up to where I can fend for myself all year long, and quite possibly host a few friends-- turning it from a homestead into a small commune.

Some things I already know about and would like to use on my future land:

Beekeeping, hugulculture, swales/earthworks, rocket-stove tech, alternative building materials, small/micro homes, keeping chickens and goats, rain and graywater collection, manual tools

Basically, I would like to live as close to the traditional Amish as I could--- minus the Christianity, as a satyr is more keen to paganism (we like our heathenry)

Lets talk Permaculture :)
Last edited by SatyrGrey on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Your avatar, I could swear I've seen it before. :?
SatyrGrey wrote: Firstly, I am no expert; I am a beginner permaculture student - obtaining my certification via the Regenerative Leadership Institute. It is my hope to obtain a brilliant understanding of permaculture and gardening/farming/animal care as I can in order to establish a homestead.
Do you have an opinion of Vladislav Davidzon?

Eric

SatyrGrey

I am the Satyr, I have pranced the lands of Inland Ocean, if you sir are an Amtgardian, The Satyr of Skystone, Prospect of the Bearclaw Thunder clan. I am also on facebook.

I'm taking it online, and sometimes he can be a bit rude over the net---- he doesn't use smileys.... Also, I think he's just tired of people asking him the same thing over and over again.

I haven't had any real interaction with him, so I don't think I have much of an opinion on way or another

SatyrGrey

Having sent an email to him, I think I know why he comes across the way he does--- I wholly think that English is NOT is first language, and there seem to be a lot of cultural barriers in communicating with him. Not really his fault, and I certainly wouldn't hold it against him.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

obtaining my certification via the Regenerative Leadership Institute website.
Do you have an opinion of the value and how your certification will be used.

Eric

SatyrGrey

Since no organization, national or international, can govern a permaculture certificate--- I can use it anywhere, very valuable, since some countries will grant long term, non-citizen visas to people with agricultural backgrounds and permaculture now falls under that category. I find the site a wonderful resource. It is a little slow for my style of learning, but I am about halfway through with the required videos. From there I will take part in a permaculture plan (digital design), and then a multiple choice test.

It may not be a perfect set up, and it has a few faults (sometimes it's hard to hear the students, they don't show the slideshows or videos, and the teachers can get a little sidetracked) but it is still a great resource, and averages about 1/4th the price of a 3 day cert seminar/event.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

SatyrGrey wrote:So, Double D told me to make a post of my own here, and for the life of me, I can't think of what to put that other's haven't already touched base on... So, without knowing anything else to talk about, I suppose I'll bring my future plans to the table, and share them with you.

Firstly, I am no expert; I am a beginner permaculture student - obtaining my certification via the Regenerative Leadership Institute website. It is my hope to obtain a brilliant understanding of permaculture and gardening/farming/animal care as I can in order to establish a homestead. I'll be buying land when I can afford it, and then I intend to build it up to where I can fend for myself all year long, and quite possibly host a few friends-- turning it from a homestead into a small commune.
How are you, belay that. Um, where were you hoping to field test some of your permaculture studies?

There is reading and writing about permaculture, and then there is some mud on the hooves, so to speak.

Return to “Permaculture Forum”