fariz
Newly Registered

Organic Insecticidal and/or Organic Fertilizer Ideas

hi people,
I am fariz a 4th year BS Biology student,somewhere in the philippines, and I am to make my thesis now, the topic I choosed is about organic farming, I want to come up with organic insecticidal and/or organic fertilizer. I have read a lot of related literature and even similar studies but their methodology is not quite satisfying...its like hanging...and I feel that if I am going to present them to the panel,there would be a lot of questions and I am afraid I'll fail.

I am to use plant as a source for these, and I am not even decided on what plant to use yet....

please, can anyone give some suggestions or anything that might help..?

thank you very much! :)

Grey
Greener Thumb

the closest thing I know of for an insecticide that's organic is Neem oil. Not sure where you would find it in the Philippines, here you can find it at certain garden centers and some big box stores.

Good luck, and please post your findings here! This is a huge topic and organic is far better than these chemicals we have been using for so long.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I would try researching your topic in peer reviewed Journals. I don't know the sort of access you would have in the phillipines but, ask your university what they can do for you.

fariz
Newly Registered

well I did have my thesis defense last tuesday, I was able to present two topic..but unfortunately it was rejected...I'm still on the look right now and will have my redefend on wednesday...wish me lack people...

thaks for those who tried to help... :D

jstr12

Would garlic juice or ginger juice work? Maybe both?

jstr :)

jstr12

Would garlic juice or ginger juice work? Maybe both?

jstr :)

Return to “Permaculture Forum”