MielieMuncher
Newly Registered

Lets talk EM

Hiya.

I have been wondering. When the innoculant is drawn off from the bucket, can this not be used to make more Bokashi bran? From what I understand about EM's is that they multiply during the process. If this is the case then surely the innoculant must be loaded with EM's. I'll give it a bash and let you know what the outcome is.

Cheers

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I'm no expert but think YEAH! Of Course!

Let us know MM!

HG

Toil
Greener Thumb

MielieMuncher wrote:Hiya.

I have been wondering. When the innoculant is drawn off from the bucket, can this not be used to make more Bokashi bran? From what I understand about EM's is that they multiply during the process. If this is the case then surely the innoculant must be loaded with EM's. I'll give it a bash and let you know what the outcome is.

Cheers
yes and no. if you are after more bokashi, and that's it, then you can use the runoff. but if you are after EM, complete with PNSB, actinomycetes, yeast, and LAB in a working consortium as described by EM people, then no, the garbage runoff won't cut it according to them.

Someday, I'd love to know the truth! But I don't stress, because EM is a very cheap product that is actually useful. So my savings from using trash juice would be maybe 5-15$ a year.

GregTraver
Newly Registered

This a website where you can get EM and more bokashi information. After trying a few of the do it yourself recipies around the forums, I found where I could get EM already made. That sure does simplify things a great deal. I have used it to make my own own bokashi starter, it was the easiest project I have done in a long time. This is a non profit sustanability website based in Memphis [url]https://www.agracycle.com[/url]

Return to “Permaculture Forum”