harleybrat
Newly Registered

Help With Hydrangea

I live in south east Michigan and bought my very first "blue" hydrangea at the flower show at Eastern Market; I planted it in full sun beside an arbor where my clematis grow like crazy. The blooms are turning brown. Do I cut these off? Also, I read somewhere where you do "not" water the blooms or leaves, just from the base of the plant; if that's so, what happens when it rains? Should I move the plant to a more shaded area?
Help, my hydrangea's falling and it won't get up. LOL

Irie

I don't know that I can be of any help for you since you are in Michigan and I am in Savannah, GA however I thought I'd tell you that we do water our hydrangea via our sprinkling system so it does get on the flower heads and leaves and does't seem to do any damage to the flowers. Due to climate differences maybe its different where you live.

poke

hello! I'm having the same problem with my container planted pink hydrangea....the petals have turned brown, altho the plant is very healthy and the blooms still stand up just fine. is it time to cut these off? and if so, how long will it take for new blooms to come out?

hope someone answers us soon cause I'm worried about my hydrangea babies :?

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”