Shirley Pinchev

I'll show you mine - if you show me yours! lol

Here are a few of my hydrangeas. Will post more if others want to share. I am in Sunset Zone 8b - perfect for all hydrangeas and their cousins. The photos of Plum Passion are all the same plant that is about 2-3 years old. Put it in last spring. Sorry but lost the tags on some of the others but will post name when possible.
Attachments
Blue Deckle, 6 months old and blooming!  One of my babies
Blue Deckle, 6 months old and blooming! One of my babies
New Serrata, small blue double lace cap
New Serrata, small blue double lace cap
Paniculata Chantilly Lace
Paniculata Chantilly Lace
Golden Dragon
Golden Dragon
Sun behind the plant - red glows.
Sun behind the plant - red glows.
Sun shining on leaves
Sun shining on leaves

Rairdog
Green Thumb

I just got the Asian lilies right now. They somewhat fill in the down time between spring and summer blooms. Missy buy's them for a dollar when they are bloomed out and half dead in the discount section. They are adding up though.

And some pink

Hopefully we have some red showing up soon. The Shasta daisies, Anise hyssop, Coreopsis, Buddelia and Cone flowers are just about to kick in.

pinksand
Greener Thumb

You have a beautiful variety of Hydrangeas Shirley Pinchev!

I've already shared these on a general bloom sharing thread but here's my 'Alice'

My Endless Summer is just getting some color (revealing that my soil is acidic as suspected) so I'll take some photos soon. Annabelle is also blooming but I don't have a close up shot so I'll take another.

Shirley Pinchev

Thank you rairdog and pinksand. After many years in Northern CA - the hot part - east of San Francisco and Oakland I can't get enough hydrangeas. Our garden is under a canopy of firs and cedars and maples. Endless summer and Lady in Red are the few that don't go blue - will take more pics when we get more color.

It is a real treat to be able to share - best part of the new format - and exciting to see what others are growing. Your Alice is a beaut! Love the lily - you rescued them and they are saying 'thank-you'.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

I just realized this was the hydrangea forum. I do have a climbing hydrangea on it's second year. Maybe it will flower for me next year. I usually avoid them because the box stores are flooded with them and they are all the same. I like the red leaves.

Shirley Pinchev

Feel free to post any pics that you have. The climbers can take a few years to bloom, but they are worth the wait.

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”