bomb2002
Newly Registered

Hydrangea

:evil:

So I have three Hydrangea bushes and they are beautiful to some extent. I recently went on this mission of wanting to change my hydrangeas to blue/purple. So I bought this product that is simply called blue hydrangeas. Simple enough. I place the product as directed with bloom booster from Miracle Grow and all of my beautiful blooms burnt. Does this have to do with the products I used? Or does it have to do with the fact that I watered my plants on a very hot and sunny day during the strength of the sun, and I did it due to the fact that my blooms on all three bushes were wilted so I figure water them and they will erect. I hope for a really great reply and thanks in advance.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the forum! I took the liberty of moving your post from introduction to the Hydrangea Forum, since you had this specific question about your hydrangeas. Not everyone takes the time to read all the intros, which are generally just for saying hi. This way more people will see it, who might be able to answer your question.

You talked about watering on a hot sunny day. Are your hydrangeas in full sun? (or part sun or filtered sun or ??)

bomb2002
Newly Registered

Thank you so much for your reply. Well to answer your question about the sun. My hydrangeas are in full sun half of the day and because of the rotation of the sun and my house it's in full shade the rest of the day. Best of both worlds I'm assuming.

shadowsmom

I add aluminum sulfate around my hydrangeas every other year to get them blue. What product did you use? It's a spray?

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”