damethod

Looking good! I can see that your soil is pretty moist. If your mint is indoors 100% of the time, you shouldn't need more than two waterings per week.

Ria

Hello to all herb growers,

I mentioned my interest in herb gardening earlier this summer. Sorry I miised out on previous discussions on growing herbs. I was unavailable for a while, then my computer died.

Currently have a collction of 5 different mints. They make great herbal teas. I used my orange mint for the first time this summer to add a nice flavor to my water .(Bruising it and adding to a jug of water). I gave some to a friend for tea and she loved it. Mint does well in partial sun and has average water needs, does not necessarily need fertilizer. Some of my other herbs did not do well this summer Maybe beacue we had alot of rian?? Seems my basils did not apprecate that I know they love the sun.. I am about to start a new set for the fall but have not yet planted then out because we are still getting some rain. The thyme also did not like the rain, I had four differnt types. My sage plants of 3 years, which were doing so well suddenly died .I am not sure what happened. Any suggestions?? I was looking forward to stuffing fresh home grown sage in my turkey this thanksgiving . I bought 2 new plants last week so will be using some of those.

I use different herbs in just about every dish I prepare. Others, like the mints, and lemon grass I use for tea. I steep my lavender leaves for a foot bath or full bath, others are grown for ornamental purposes or for their fragrance . I dry a lot of the edible herbs and give to my friends and relatives who are now getting excited about experimenting with new herbs in their dishes. They add so much to a meal or give such a lift to your mood when you walk by and pinch a piece off and sniff.

Happy gardening.
Ria

herchelle

Years ago my gardening mentor told me about planting mints and other evasive plants in the garden using pots with the bottom cut out. I plant my mint right into the garden and the pot acts as a barrier so the mint stays where I want it to be, nice and contained
[img]https://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/herchelle_photo/ChocolateMint.jpg[/img]

mintjp
Newly Registered

Moved my post to Herb Gardening Forum
[url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10555[/url]
Please help :(

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”