karenr
Newly Registered

What is eating my Basil?

Hello all,

I have planted a ton of basil and I think something is eating it. I have pictures on photobucket, here is the link:

https://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm459/karenr13_2008/

There are little holes on the leaves of my basil and sorel plants. I was wondering what would be safe to spray on them and wont change the flavor if I do spray wiht something. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

pete28

HI karen. I have quite a bit of basil myself and almost always notice that when there are any brown leaves on the bottom there are holy leaves on the top. Do you have any other plants near the sorel and basil? I had mine near some tomatoes that had hornworms whcih cause holes and I used some tobasco sauce and water and it worked wonders.

karenr
Newly Registered

I have my tomatoes on the other side of the yard, but there is dill, fennel, tarragon, chervil in the same area. The tobasco sauce and water? ... What do you do with it? THank you for responding!

Sentinel

I am not positive because I am new to this, but I have similar holes in my lemon basil and I have seen a few little green grasshoppers in my herb garden and have chalked it up to those.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”